Yufa, Nataliya A.
Cunha, Pedro S.
Baumberg, Jeremy J.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Online Publication Date2011-10-24
Print Publication Date2012-03-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597219
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOptical metamaterials have unusual optical characteristics that arise from their periodic nanostructure. Their manufacture requires the assembly of 3D architectures with structure control on the 10-nm length scale. Such a 3D optical metamaterial, based on the replication of a self-assembled block copolymer into gold, is demonstrated. The resulting gold replica has a feature size that is two orders of magnitude smaller than the wavelength of visible light. Its optical signature reveals an archetypal Pendry wire metamaterial with linear and circular dichroism. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationVignolini S, Yufa NA, Cunha PS, Guldin S, Rushkin I, et al. (2011) A 3D Optical Metamaterial Made by Self-Assembly. Advanced Materials 24: OP23–OP27. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201103610.
SponsorsS.V. and N.A.Y. contributed equally contribute to this work. The authors thank J. J. Rickard, M. Scherer and A. Finnemore for their invaluable help. This publication was based on work supported in part by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), the EPSRC grant EP/G060649/1 and by the National Science Foundation through the Materials World Network grant between the US (DMR-1008123) and the EPSRC.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Nanoparticle-loaded cylindrical micelles from nanopore extrusion of block copolymer spherical micelles.
- Authors: Chen Q, Wang J, Shao L
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Controlling the degree of polymerization, bond lengths, and bond angles of plasmonic polymers.
- Authors: Lukach A, Liu K, Therien-Aubin H, Kumacheva E
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 14
- Effect of chemical oxidation on the self-assembly of organometallic block copolymers.
- Authors: Eitouni HB, Balsara NP
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 23
- Measuring local optical properties: near-field polarimetry of photonic block copolymer morphology.
- Authors: Fasolka MJ, Goldner LS, Hwang J, Urbas AM, DeRege P, Swager T, Thomas EL
- Issue date: 2003 Jan 10
- Sprayable elastic conductors based on block copolymer silver nanoparticle composites.
- Authors: Vural M, Behrens AM, Ayyub OB, Ayoub JJ, Kofinas P
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 27