4 Gbps direct modulation of 450 nm GaN laser for high-speed visible light communication
Farrell, Robert M.
Oh, Sang Ho
Speck, James S.
Bowers, John E.
DenBaars, Steven P.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597217
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate high-speed data transmission with a commercial high power GaN laser diode at 450 nm. 2.6 GHz bandwidth was achieved at an injection current of 500 mA using a high-speed visible light communication setup. Record high 4 Gbps free-space data transmission rate was achieved at room temperature.
CitationLee C, Zhang C, Cantore M, Farrell RM, Oh SH, et al. (2015) 4 Gbps direct modulation of 450 nm GaN laser for high-speed visible light communication. Optics Express 23: 16232. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/oe.23.016232.
SponsorsThe authors would like to thank Sudharsanan Srinivasan, Cedric Meyers, Ludovico Megalini, and Hyunchul Park for the meaningful discussions about measurement setup, testing, and device analysis. This work was supported by the Solid State Lighting & Energy Electronics Center (SSLEEC) and the KACST-KAUST-UCSB Solid State Lighting Program (SSLP).
PublisherThe Optical Society
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- 450-nm GaN laser diode enables high-speed visible light communication with 9-Gbps QAM-OFDM.
- Authors: Chi YC, Hsieh DH, Tsai CT, Chen HY, Kuo HC, Lin GR
- Issue date: 2015 May 18
- Going beyond 4 Gbps data rate by employing RGB laser diodes for visible light communication.
- Authors: Janjua B, Oubei HM, Durán Retamal JR, Ng TK, Tsai CT, Wang HY, Chi YC, Kuo HC, Lin GR, He JH, Ooi BS
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 13
- High-power blue superluminescent diode for high CRI lighting and high-speed visible light communication.
- Authors: Alatawi AA, Holguin-Lerma JA, Kang CH, Shen C, Subedi RC, Albadri AM, Alyamani AY, Ng TK, Ooi BS
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 1
- Blue Laser Diode Enables Underwater Communication at 12.4 Gbps.
- Authors: Wu TC, Chi YC, Wang HY, Tsai CT, Lin GR
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 17
- High-speed 405-nm superluminescent diode (SLD) with 807-MHz modulation bandwidth.
- Authors: Shen C, Lee C, Ng TK, Nakamura S, Speck JS, DenBaars SP, Alyamani AY, El-Desouki MM, Ooi BS
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 5