Light Responsive Two-Component Supramolecular Hydrogel: A Sensitive Platform for Humidity Sensors
Emwas, Abdul-Hamid M.
Salama, Khaled N.
Khashab, Niveen M.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Smart Hybrid Materials (SHMs) lab
Electrical Engineering Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597026
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe supramolecular assembly of anionic azobenzene dicarboxylate and cationic cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) formed a stimuli responsive hydrogel with a critical gelation concentration (CGC) of 0.33 wt%. This self-sustainable two-component system was able to repair damage upon light irradiation. Moreover, it was successfully employed in the fabrication of highly sensitive humidity sensors for the first time.
CitationLight Responsive Two-Component Supramolecular Hydrogel: A Sensitive Platform for Humidity Sensors 2016 Soft Matter
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We thank Dr. Harihar Padhy and Prof. Alexander Ruthenberger, Physical Sciences and Engineering Division, KAUST for their help in rheology experiments.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Multi-stimuli Responsive Supramolecular Structures Based on Azobenzene Surfactant-Encapsulated Polyoxometalate.
- Authors: Guo Y, Gong Y, Gao Y, Xiao J, Wang T, Yu L
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 13
- Unusual viscoelasticity behaviour in aqueous solutions containing a photoresponsive amphiphile.
- Authors: Takahashi Y, Yamamoto Y, Hata S, Kondo Y
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 1
- Self-assembled switching gels with multiresponsivity and chirality.
- Authors: Zhao W, Wang D, Lu H, Wang Y, Sun X, Dong S, Hao J
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 3
- Micro-DSC and rheological studies of interactions between methylcellulose and surfactants.
- Authors: Li L, Liu E, Lim CH
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 14
- Azobenzene-based light-responsive hydrogel system.
- Authors: Zhao YL, Stoddart JF
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 4