Light Responsive Two-Component Supramolecular Hydrogel: A Sensitive Platform for Humidity Sensors
Emwas, Abdul-Hamid M.
Salama, Khaled N.
Khashab, Niveen M.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Smart Hybrid Materials (SHMs) lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597026
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe supramolecular assembly of anionic azobenzene dicarboxylate and cationic cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) formed a stimuli responsive hydrogel with a critical gelation concentration (CGC) of 0.33 wt%. This self-sustainable two-component system was able to repair damage upon light irradiation. Moreover, it was successfully employed in the fabrication of highly sensitive humidity sensors for the first time.
CitationLight Responsive Two-Component Supramolecular Hydrogel: A Sensitive Platform for Humidity Sensors 2016 Soft Matter
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We thank Dr. Harihar Padhy and Prof. Alexander Ruthenberger, Physical Sciences and Engineering Division, KAUST for their help in rheology experiments.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsArticles; Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center; Imaging and Characterization Core Lab; Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division; Controlled Release and Delivery Laboratory; Electrical Engineering Program; Chemical Science Program; Sensors Lab; Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
- Light-responsive and self-healing behavior of azobenzene-based supramolecular hydrogels.
- Authors: Salzano de Luna M, Marturano V, Manganelli M, Santillo C, Ambrogi V, Filippone G, Cerruti P
- Issue date: 2020 May 15
- Multi-stimuli Responsive Supramolecular Structures Based on Azobenzene Surfactant-Encapsulated Polyoxometalate.
- Authors: Guo Y, Gong Y, Gao Y, Xiao J, Wang T, Yu L
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 13
- Stimuli Responsive, Self-Sustainable, and Self-Healable Functionalized Hydrogel with Dual Gelation, Load-Bearing, and Dye-Absorbing Properties.
- Authors: Kuddushi M, Rajput S, Shah A, Mata J, Aswal VK, El Seoud O, Kumar A, Malek NI
- Issue date: 2019 May 29
- Unusual viscoelasticity behaviour in aqueous solutions containing a photoresponsive amphiphile.
- Authors: Takahashi Y, Yamamoto Y, Hata S, Kondo Y
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 1
- Self-assembled switching gels with multiresponsivity and chirality.
- Authors: Zhao W, Wang D, Lu H, Wang Y, Sun X, Dong S, Hao J
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 3