MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report Raman scattering results of high-quality wurtzite ZnS nanobelts (NBs) grown by chemical vapor deposition. In Raman spectrum, the ensembles of ZnS NBs exhibit first order phonon modes at 274 cm-1 and 350 cm-1, corresponding to A1/E1 transverse optical and A1/E1 longitudinal optical phonons, in addition with strong surface optical (SO) phonon mode at 329 cm-1. The existence of SO band is confirmed by its shift with different surrounding dielectric media. Polarization dependent Raman spectrum was performed on a single ZnS NB and for the first time SO phonon band has been detected on a single nanobelt. Different selection rules of SO phonon modeshown from their corresponding E1/A1 phonon modeswere attributed to the anisotropic translational symmetry breaking on the NB surface.
CitationRaman selection rule of surface optical phonon in ZnS nanobelts 2016 Nanoscale
SponsorsThis research was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) baseline funding.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering and polarized photoluminescence from catalytically grown CdSe nanobelts and sheets.
- Authors: Venugopal R, Lin PI, Liu CC, Chen YT
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 17
- Enhanced light scattering of the forbidden longitudinal optical phonon mode studied by micro-Raman spectroscopy on single InN nanowires.
- Authors: Schäfer-Nolte EO, Stoica T, Gotschke T, Limbach FA, Sutter E, Sutter P, Grützmacher D, Calarco R
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 6
- Raman antenna effect from exciton-phonon coupling in organic semiconducting nanobelts.
- Authors: Wang M, Gong Y, Alzina F, Svoboda O, Ballesteros B, Sotomayor Torres CM, Xiao S, Zhang Z, He J
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 14
- Interface phonon modes in the [AlN/GaN]<sub>20</sub> and [Al<sub>0.35</sub>Ga<sub>0.65</sub>N/Al<sub>0.55</sub>Ga<sub>0.45</sub>N]<sub>20</sub> 2D multi-quantum well structures.
- Authors: Sivadasan AK, Singha C, Bhattacharyya A, Dhara S
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 2
- [Low-temperature-dependent characteristics of Raman scattering in N-type 4H-SiC].
- Authors: Miao RX, Zhao P, Liu WH, Tang XY
- Issue date: 2014 Jan