Ultrathin Cu2O as an efficient inorganic hole transporting material for perovskite solar cells
Hedhili, Mohamed N.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Advanced Nanofabrication and Thin Film Core Lab
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate that ultrathin P-type Cu2O thin films fabricated by a facile thermal oxidation method can serve as a promising hole-transporting material in perovskite solar cells. Following a two-step method, inorganic-organic hybrid perovskite solar cells were fabricated and a power conversion efficiency of 11.0% was achieved. We find that the thickness and properties of Cu2O layers must be precisely tuned in order to achieve the optimal solar cell performance. The good performance of such perovskite solar cells can be attributed to the unique properties of ultrathin Cu2O, including high hole mobility, good energy level alignment with CH3NH3PbI3, and longer lifetime of photo-excited carriers. Combining merits of low cost, facile synthesis, and high device performance, ultrathin Cu2O films fabricated via thermal oxidation hold promise for facilitating the developments of industrial-scale perovskite solar cells.
CitationUltrathin Cu2O as an efficient inorganic hole transporting material for perovskite solar cells 2016 Nanoscale
SponsorsThis work was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Dr. W. Yu acknowledges the support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC 21404015).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Nano-structured CuO-Cu2O Complex Thin Film for Application in CH3NH3PbI3 Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Chen LC, Chen CC, Liang KC, Chang SH, Tseng ZL, Yeh SC, Chen CT, Wu WT, Wu CG
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Cu/Cu<sub>2</sub>O nanocomposite films as a p-type modified layer for efficient perovskite solar cells.
- Authors: Chen YJ, Li MH, Huang JC, Chen P
- Issue date: 2018 May 16
- Solution-Processed Cu(In, Ga)(S, Se)<sub>2</sub> Nanocrystal as Inorganic Hole-Transporting Material for Efficient and Stable Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Xu L, Deng LL, Cao J, Wang X, Chen WY, Jiang Z
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Depletion region effect of highly efficient hole conductor free CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite solar cells.
- Authors: Aharon S, Gamliel S, El Cohen B, Etgar L
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 14
- High Efficiency Inverted Planar Perovskite Solar Cells with Solution-Processed NiO<sub>x</sub> Hole Contact.
- Authors: Yin X, Yao Z, Luo Q, Dai X, Zhou Y, Zhang Y, Zhou Y, Luo S, Li J, Wang N, Lin H
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 25