Transmission comb of a distributed Bragg reflector with two surface dielectric gratings
KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-02-19
Print Publication Date2016-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596858
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe transmission behaviour of a distributed Bragg reector (DBR) with surface dielectric gratings on top and bottom is studied. The transmission shows a comb-like spectrum in the DBR band gap, which is explained in the Fano picture. The number density of the transmission peaks increases with increasing number of cells of the DBR, while the ratio of the average full width at half maximum to the corresponding average free spectral range, being only few percent for both transversal electric and magnetic waves, is almost invariant. The transmission peaks can be narrower than 0.1 nm and are fully separated from each other in certain wavebands. We further prove that the transmission combs are robust against randomness in the heights of the DBR layers. Therefore, the proposed structure is a candidate for an ultra-narrow-band multichannel filter or polarizer.
CitationTransmission comb of a distributed Bragg reflector with two surface dielectric gratings 2016, 6:21125 Scientific Reports
- Narrow Linewidth Distributed Bragg Reflectors Based on InGaN/GaN Laser.
- Authors: Xie W, Li J, Liao M, Deng Z, Wang W, Sun S
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 11
- Super color purity green organic light-emitting diodes with ZrO<sub>2</sub>/zircone nanolaminates as a distributed Bragg reflector deposited by atomic layer deposition.
- Authors: Zhang J, Zhang H, Zheng Y, Wei M, Ding H, Wei B, Zhang Z
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 27
- Sweep optical frequency synthesizer with a distributed-Bragg-reflector laser injection locked by a single component of an optical frequency comb.
- Authors: Park SE, Kim EB, Park YH, Yee DS, Kwon TY, Park CY, Moon HS, Yoon TH
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 15
- Design and fabrication of a glass waveguide optical add-drop multiplexer by use of an amorphous-silicon overlay distributed Bragg reflector.
- Authors: Kim J, Li G, Winick KA
- Issue date: 2004 Jan 20
- Effect of Dielectric Distributed Bragg Reflector on Electrical and Optical Properties of GaN-Based Flip-Chip Light-Emitting Diodes.
- Authors: Zhou S, Xu H, Liu M, Liu X, Zhao J, Li N, Liu S
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 8