Online Publication Date2010-04-29
Print Publication Date2010-07
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596842
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn indium tin oxide (ITO)-coated vertically aligned nanowire array is fabricated, and the field emission characteristics of the nanowire array are investigated. An array of vertically aligned nanowires is considered an ideal structure for a field emitter because of its parallel orientation to the applied electric field. In this letter, a vertically aligned nanowire array is fabricated by modified conventional UV lithography and coated with 0.1-μm-thick ITO. The turn-on electric field intensity is about 2.0 V/μm, and the field enhancement factor, β, is approximately 3,078 when the gap for field emission is 0.6 μm, as measured with a nanomanipulator in a scanning electron microscope.
CitationLee CH, Lee SW, Lee SS (2010) Field Emission of ITO-Coated Vertically Aligned Nanowire Array. Nanoscale Research Letters 5: 1128–1131. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11671-010-9613-2.
SponsorsThis work was partly supported by Brain Korea 21 and Award No KUK-F1-038-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
JournalNanoscale Research Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC2894224
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- The Development of High-Density Vertical Silicon Nanowires and Their Application in a Heterojunction Diode.
- Authors: Chang WC, Su SC, Wu CC
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 30
- Effects of Nanowire Length and Surface Roughness on the Electrochemical Sensor Properties of Nafion-Free, Vertically Aligned Pt Nanowire Array Electrodes.
- Authors: Li Z, Leung C, Gao F, Gu Z
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 4
- Field emission from in situ-grown vertically aligned SnO2 nanowire arrays.
- Authors: Zhou Z, Wu J, Li H, Wang Z
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 13
- Indium Tin Oxide@Carbon Core-Shell Nanowire and Jagged Indium Tin Oxide Nanowire.
- Authors: Wang Y, Lu L, Wu F
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 17
- Enhanced photoluminescence and field-emission behavior of vertically well aligned arrays of In-doped ZnO Nanowires.
- Authors: Ahmad M, Sun H, Zhu J
- Issue date: 2011 Apr