A Study on Field Emission Characteristics of Planar Graphene Layers Obtained from a Highly Oriented Pyrolyzed Graphite Block.
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-F1038-02
Online Publication Date2009-07-12
Print Publication Date2009-10
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596834
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis paper describes an experimental study on field emission characteristics of individual graphene layers for vacuum nanoelectronics. Graphene layers were prepared by mechanical exfoliation from a highly oriented pyrolyzed graphite block and placed on an insulating substrate, with the resulting field emission behavior investigated using a nanomanipulator operating inside a scanning electron microscope. A pair of tungsten tips controlled by the nanomanipulator enabled electric connection with the graphene layers without postfabrication. The maximum emitted current from the graphene layers was 170 nA and the turn-on voltage was 12.1 V.
CitationLee SW, Lee SS, Yang E-H (2009) A Study on Field Emission Characteristics of Planar Graphene Layers Obtained from a Highly Oriented Pyrolyzed Graphite Block. Nanoscale Research Letters 4: 1218–1221. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11671-009-9384-9.
SponsorsThis work has partially been supported by Exchange Student Program by Brain Korea 21, Award No KUK-F1038-02 made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and National Science Foundation (Major Research Instrumentation Program, Award No. DMI-0619762).
JournalNanoscale Research Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC2894245
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Electron emission from individual graphene nanoribbons driven by internal electric field.
- Authors: Wei X, Bando Y, Golberg D
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 24
- Field emission from few-layer graphene nanosheets produced by liquid phase exfoliation of graphite.
- Authors: Dong J, Zeng B, Lan Y, Tian S, Shan Y, Liu X, Yang Z, Wang H, Ren ZF
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Focused-ion-beam-assisted selective control of graphene layers: acquisition of clean-cut ultra thin graphitic film.
- Authors: Lee KM, Neogi A, Perez JM, Choi TY
- Issue date: 2010 May 21
- Large and flat graphene flakes produced by epoxy bonding and reverse exfoliation of highly oriented pyrolytic graphite.
- Authors: Huc V, Bendiab N, Rosman N, Ebbesen T, Delacour C, Bouchiat V
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 12
- Graphene-Based Nanoscale Vacuum Channel Transistor.
- Authors: Xu J, Gu Z, Yang W, Wang Q, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 4