TiPs: a database of therapeutic targets in pathogens and associated tools.
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-012-43
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMOTIVATION: The need for new drugs and new targets is particularly compelling in an era that is witnessing an alarming increase of drug resistance in human pathogens. The identification of new targets of known drugs is a promising approach, which has proven successful in several cases. Here, we describe a database that includes information on 5153 putative drug-target pairs for 150 human pathogens derived from available drug-target crystallographic complexes. AVAILABILITY AND IMPLEMENTATION: The TiPs database is freely available at http://biocomputing.it/tips. CONTACT: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CitationLepore R, Tramontano A, Via A (2013) TiPs: a database of therapeutic targets in pathogens and associated tools. Bioinformatics 29: 1821–1822. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btt289.
SponsorsFunding: This work was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Award No. KUK-I1-012-43, PRIN 20108XYHJS and FIRB RBIN06E9Z8_005.
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC3702258
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (), which permits non-commercial re-use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. For commercial re-use, please contact email@example.com
- PharmMapper server: a web server for potential drug target identification using pharmacophore mapping approach.
- Authors: Liu X, Ouyang S, Yu B, Liu Y, Huang K, Gong J, Zheng S, Li Z, Li H, Jiang H
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Update of TTD: Therapeutic Target Database.
- Authors: Zhu F, Han B, Kumar P, Liu X, Ma X, Wei X, Huang L, Guo Y, Han L, Zheng C, Chen Y
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Drug target prediction using adverse event report systems: a pharmacogenomic approach.
- Authors: Takarabe M, Kotera M, Nishimura Y, Goto S, Yamanishi Y
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 15
- PDID: database of molecular-level putative protein-drug interactions in the structural human proteome.
- Authors: Wang C, Hu G, Wang K, Brylinski M, Xie L, Kurgan L
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 15
- PDTD: a web-accessible protein database for drug target identification.
- Authors: Gao Z, Li H, Zhang H, Liu X, Kang L, Luo X, Zhu W, Chen K, Wang X, Jiang H
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 19