KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-012-43
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596811
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMOTIVATION: Several international collaborations and local projects are producing extensive catalogues of genomic variations that are supplementing existing collections such as the OMIM catalogue. The flood of this type of data will keep increasing and, especially, it will be relevant to a wider user base, including not only molecular biologists, geneticists and bioinformaticians, but also clinical researchers. Mapping the observed variations, sometimes only described at the amino acid level, on a genome, identifying whether they affect a gene and-if so-whether they also affect different isoforms of the same gene, is a time consuming and often frustrating task. RESULTS: The PICMI server is an easy to use tool for quickly mapping one or more amino acid or nucleotide variations on a genome and its products, including alternatively spliced isoforms. AVAILABILITY: The server is available at www.biocomputing.it/picmi.
CitationLe Pera L, Marcatili P, Tramontano A (2010) PICMI: mapping point mutations on genomes. Bioinformatics 26: 2904–2905. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btq547.
SponsorsKAUST (Award N. KUK-I1-012-43) and FIRB (Italbionet and Proteomica).
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC2971578
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (), which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- GATExplorer: genomic and transcriptomic explorer; mapping expression probes to gene loci, transcripts, exons and ncRNAs.
- Authors: Risueño A, Fontanillo C, Dinger ME, De Las Rivas J
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 29
- The genome BLASTatlas-a GeneWiz extension for visualization of whole-genome homology.
- Authors: Hallin PF, Binnewies TT, Ussery DW
- Issue date: 2008 May
- REGANOR: a gene prediction server for prokaryotic genomes and a database of high quality gene predictions for prokaryotes.
- Authors: Linke B, McHardy AC, Neuweger H, Krause L, Meyer F
- Issue date: 2006
- Genomics made easier: an introductory tutorial to genome datamining.
- Authors: Schattner P
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- An Ergatis-based prokaryotic genome annotation web server.
- Authors: Hemmerich C, Buechlein A, Podicheti R, Revanna KV, Dong Q
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 15