Improvement on thermal performance of a disk-shaped miniature heat pipe with nanofluid.
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-C1-014-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596793
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe present study aims to investigate the effect of suspended nanoparticles in base fluids, namely nanofluids, on the thermal resistance of a disk-shaped miniature heat pipe [DMHP]. In this study, two types of nanoparticles, gold and carbon, in aqueous solution are used respectively. An experimental system was set up to measure the thermal resistance of the DMHP with both nanofluids and deionized [DI] water as the working medium. The measured results show that the thermal resistance of DMHP varies with the charge volume and the type of working medium. At the same charge volume, a significant reduction in thermal resistance of DMHP can be found if nanofluid is used instead of DI water.
CitationTsai T-H, Chien H-T, Chen P-H (2011) Improvement on thermal performance of a disk-shaped miniature heat pipe with nanofluid. Nanoscale Research Letters 6: 590. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-6-590.
SponsorsThe financial support of this work was provided by the KAUST award with a project number of KUK-C1-014-12.
JournalNanoscale Research Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC3229616
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Experimental Investigation of Thermal Performance of Miniature Heat Pipe Using SiO2-Water Nanofluids.
- Authors: Niu YF, Zhao WL, Gong YY
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Transport properties of alumina nanofluids.
- Authors: Wong KF, Kurma T
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 27
- Experimental Study on the Thermal Start-Up Performance of the Graphene/Water Nanofluid-Enhanced Solar Gravity Heat Pipe.
- Authors: Zhao S, Xu G, Wang N, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 28
- A study on the effects of temperature and volume fraction on thermal conductivity of copper oxide nanofluid.
- Authors: Jwo CS, Chang H, Teng TP, Kao MJ, Guo YT
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Particle size and interfacial effects on thermo-physical and heat transfer characteristics of water-based alpha-SiC nanofluids.
- Authors: Timofeeva EV, Smith DS, Yu W, France DM, Singh D, Routbort JL
- Issue date: 2010 May 28