Online Publication Date2013-07-12
Print Publication Date2013-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596763
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTriangular Ag nanoprisms are a type of most-studied noble-metal nanostructures over the past decade owing to their special structural architecture and outstanding optical and catalytic properties for a wide range of applications. Nevertheless, in contrast to active research for the synthesis of phase-pure Ag nanoprisms, no asymmetric heterodimers containing Ag prisms have been developed so far, probably due to lack of suitable synthetic methods. Herein, we devise a simple ion-exchange method to synthesize Ag2S/Ag heterodimers at room temperature, through which Ag nanoprisms with controllable size and thickness can be fabricated. Formation chemistry and optical properties of the heterodimers have been investigated. These semiconductor/metal heterodimers have exhibited remarkable bactericidal activity to E. coli cells under visible light illumination.
CitationXiong S, Xi B, Zhang K, Chen Y, Jiang J, et al. (2013) Ag nanoprisms with Ag2S attachment. Scientific Reports 3. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/srep02177.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge the financial supports provided by National University of Singapore, Singapore, GSK, Singapore, and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia.
PubMed Central IDPMC4070619
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareALike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit
- Triangular Ag-Pd alloy nanoprisms: rational synthesis with high-efficiency for electrocatalytic oxygen reduction.
- Authors: Xu L, Luo Z, Fan Z, Zhang X, Tan C, Li H, Zhang H, Xue C
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 21
- Synthesis, morphological control, and antibacterial properties of hollow/solid Ag2S/Ag heterodimers.
- Authors: Pang M, Hu J, Zeng HC
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 11
- Ag-Ag2S Hybrid Nanoprisms: Structural versus Plasmonic Evolution.
- Authors: Shahjamali MM, Zhou Y, Zaraee N, Xue C, Wu J, Large N, McGuirk CM, Boey F, Dravid V, Cui Z, Schatz GC, Mirkin CA
- Issue date: 2016 May 24
- Synthesis of Ag(2) S-Ag nanoprisms and their use as DNA hybridization probes.
- Authors: Liu B, Ma Z
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 6
- Chemical stability and degradation mechanisms of triangular Ag, Ag@Au, and Au nanoprisms.
- Authors: Lee KE, Hesketh AV, Kelly TL
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 28