3USS: a web server for detecting alternative 3'UTRs from RNA-seq experiments.
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-012-43
Online Publication Date2015-01-22
Print Publication Date2015-06-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596754
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractProtein-coding genes with multiple alternative polyadenylation sites can generate mRNA 3'UTR sequences of different lengths, thereby causing the loss or gain of regulatory elements, which can affect stability, localization and translation efficiency. 3USS is a web-server developed with the aim of giving experimentalists the possibility to automatically identify alternative 3 ': UTRs (shorter or longer with respect to a reference transcriptome), an option that is not available in standard RNA-seq data analysis procedures. The tool reports as putative novel the 3 ': UTRs not annotated in available databases. Furthermore, if data from two related samples are uploaded, common and specific alternative 3 ': UTRs are identified and reported by the server.3USS is freely available at http://www.biocomputing.it/3uss_server.
CitationLe Pera L, Mazzapioda M, Tramontano A (2015) 3USS: a web server for detecting alternative 3’UTRs from RNA-seq experiments. Bioinformatics 31: 1845–1847. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btv035.
SponsorsThis project was supported by KAUST [Grant Number KUK-I1-012-43], PRIN 20108XYHJS and Epigenomics Flagship Project—EPIGEN. Funding for open access charge: KAUST.
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC4443675
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (), which permits non-commercial re-use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. For commercial re-use, please contact email@example.com
- Formation, regulation and evolution of Caenorhabditis elegans 3'UTRs.
- Authors: Jan CH, Friedman RC, Ruby JG, Bartel DP
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 6
- UTRome.org: a platform for 3'UTR biology in C. elegans.
- Authors: Mangone M, Macmenamin P, Zegar C, Piano F, Gunsalus KC
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Reprogramming of 3' untranslated regions of mRNAs by alternative polyadenylation in generation of pluripotent stem cells from different cell types.
- Authors: Ji Z, Tian B
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 23
- Alternative polyadenylation produces multiple 3' untranslated regions of odorant receptor mRNAs in mouse olfactory sensory neurons.
- Authors: Doulazmi M, Cros C, Dusart I, Trembleau A, Dubacq C
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 12
- Evolution and Biological Roles of Alternative 3'UTRs.
- Authors: Mayr C
- Issue date: 2016 Mar