Organosilane with gemini-type structure as the mesoporogen for synthesis of hierarchical porous ZSM-5 zeolite
Samal, Akshaya Kumar
Online Publication Date2016-02-17
Print Publication Date2016-03
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/596176
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new kind of organosilane (1,6-bis (diethyl(3-trimethoxysilylpropyl)ammonium) hexane bromide) with a gemini-type structure was prepared and used as a mesoporogen for the synthesis of hierarchical porous ZSM-5 zeolite. There are two quaternary ammonium centers along with double hydrolysable -RSi(OMe)3 fragments in the organosilane, which results in a strong interaction between this mesoporogen and silica-alumina gel. The organosilane can be easily incorporated into ZSM-5 zeolite structure during the crystallization process, and it was finally removed by calcination leading to secondary pores in ZSM-5. The synthesized ZSM-5 has been systematically studied by XRD, nitrogen adsorption, SEM, TEM, TG and solid-state one-dimensional (1D) and two-dimensional (2D) NMR, which reveals information on its detailed structure. It has a hierarchical porosity system, which combines the intrinsic micropores coming from the crystalline structure and irregular mesopores created by the organosilane template. Moreover, the mesoposity including pore size and volume within ZSM-5 can be systematically tuned by changing the organosilane/TEOS ratios, which confirms this organosilane has high flexibility of using as template for the synthesis of hierarchical porous zeolite.
CitationOrganosilane with gemini-type structure as the mesoporogen for synthesis of hierarchical porous ZSM-5 zeolite 2016 Langmuir
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- One-Step Synthesis of Hierarchical ZSM-5 Using Cetyltrimethylammonium as Mesoporogen and Structure-Directing Agent.
- Authors: Meng L, Mezari B, Goesten MG, Hensen EJM
- Issue date: 2017 May 9
- Exploring meso-/microporous composite molecular sieves with core-shell structures.
- Authors: Qian XF, Li B, Hu YY, Niu GX, Zhang DY, Che RC, Tang Y, Su DS, Asiri AM, Zhao DY
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 16
- Polyelectrolyte-surfactant complex as a template for the synthesis of zeolites with intracrystalline mesopores.
- Authors: Liu JY, Wang JG, Li N, Zhao H, Zhou HJ, Sun PC, Chen TH
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 12
- Synthesis and Characterization of Hierarchical ZSM-5 Zeolites with Outstanding Mesoporosity and Excellent Catalytic Properties.
- Authors: Song G, Chen W, Dang P, Yang S, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Xiao R, Ma R, Li F
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 15
- Synthesis of an excellent MTP catalyst: hierarchical ZSM-5 zeolites with great mesoporosity.
- Authors: Song G, Chen W, Dang P, Wang Y, Li F
- Issue date: 2018 Dec