Air-Stable Surface-Passivated Perovskite Quantum Dots for Ultra-Robust, Single- and Two-Photon-Induced Amplified Spontaneous Emission
Sarmah, Smritakshi P.
Parida, Manas R.
Ng, Tien Khee
Ooi, Boon S.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Advanced Nanofabrication and Thin Film Core Lab
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate ultra-air- and photostable CsPbBr3 quantum dots (QDs) by using an inorganic–organic hybrid ion pair as the capping ligand. This passivation approach to perovskite QDs yields high photoluminescence quantum yield with unprecedented operational stability in ambient conditions (60 ± 5% lab humidity) and high pump fluences, thus overcoming one of the greatest challenges impeding the development of perovskite-based applications. Due to the robustness of passivated perovskite QDs, we were able to induce ultrastable amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) in solution processed QD films not only through one photon but also through two-photon absorption processes. The latter has not been observed before in the family of perovskite materials. More importantly, passivated perovskite QD films showed remarkable photostability under continuous pulsed laser excitation in ambient conditions for at least 34 h (corresponds to 1.2 × 108 laser shots), substantially exceeding the stability of other colloidal QD systems in which ASE has been observed.
CitationAir-Stable Surface-Passivated Perovskite Quantum Dots for Ultra-Robust, Single- and Two-Photon-Induced Amplified Spontaneous Emission 2015, 6 (24):5027 The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Efficient and Stable CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> Quantum-Dot Powders Passivated and Encapsulated with a Mixed Silicon Nitride and Silicon Oxide Inorganic Polymer Matrix.
- Authors: Yoon HC, Lee S, Song JK, Yang H, Do YR
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 11
- High Quantum Yield Blue Emission from Lead-Free Inorganic Antimony Halide Perovskite Colloidal Quantum Dots.
- Authors: Zhang J, Yang Y, Deng H, Farooq U, Yang X, Khan J, Tang J, Song H
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 26
- Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Passivation Enables Perovskite QLEDs with an EQE of 16.48.
- Authors: Song J, Fang T, Li J, Xu L, Zhang F, Han B, Shan Q, Zeng H
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 10
- Encapsulation of Perovskite Nanocrystals into Macroscale Polymer Matrices: Enhanced Stability and Polarization.
- Authors: Raja SN, Bekenstein Y, Koc MA, Fischer S, Zhang D, Lin L, Ritchie RO, Yang P, Alivisatos AP
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 28
- Highly Luminescent and Ultrastable CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> Perovskite Quantum Dots Incorporated into a Silica/Alumina Monolith.
- Authors: Li Z, Kong L, Huang S, Li L
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 3