Anomalous lattice vibrations of monolayer MoS 2 probed by ultraviolet Raman scattering
AuthorsLiu, Hsiang Lin
Shen, Chih Chiang
Hsu, Yu Te
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594288
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present a comprehensive Raman scattering study of monolayer MoS2 with increasing laser excitation energies ranging from the near-infrared to the deep-ultraviolet. The Raman scattering intensities from the second-order phonon modes are revealed to be enhanced anomalously by only the ultraviolet excitation wavelength 354 nm. We demonstrate theoretically that such resonant behavior arises from a strong optical absorption that forms near the Γ point and of the band structure and an inter-valley resonant electronic scattering by the M-point phonons. These results advance our understanding of the double resonance Raman scattering process in low-dimensional semiconducting nanomaterials and provide a foundation for the technological development of monolayer MoS2 in the ultraviolet frequency range. © the Owner Societies 2015.
CitationLiu H-L, Guo H, Yang T, Zhang Z, Kumamoto Y, et al. (2015) Anomalous lattice vibrations of monolayer MoS 2 probed by ultraviolet Raman scattering . Phys Chem Chem Phys 17: 14561–14568. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5cp01347j.
Sponsors51331006, NSFC, National Natural Science Foundation of China
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Comparative study of Raman spectroscopy in graphene and MoS2-type transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Authors: Pimenta MA, Del Corro E, Carvalho BR, Fantini C, Malard LM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 20
- Intervalley scattering by acoustic phonons in two-dimensional MoS<sub>2</sub> revealed by double-resonance Raman spectroscopy.
- Authors: Carvalho BR, Wang Y, Mignuzzi S, Roy D, Terrones M, Fantini C, Crespi VH, Malard LM, Pimenta MA
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 9
- Resonant Raman scattering of ZnSxSe1-x solid solutions: the role of S and Se electronic states.
- Authors: Dimitrievska M, Xie H, Jackson AJ, Fontané X, Espíndola-Rodríguez M, Saucedo E, Pérez-Rodríguez A, Walsh A, Izquierdo-Roca V
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- Spin-orbit splitting in single-layer MoS2 revealed by triply resonant Raman scattering.
- Authors: Sun L, Yan J, Zhan D, Liu L, Hu H, Li H, Tay BK, Kuo JL, Huang CC, Hewak DW, Lee PS, Shen ZX
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- Deep-ultraviolet Raman scattering spectroscopy of monolayer WS<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Liu HL, Yang T, Tatsumi Y, Zhang Y, Dong B, Guo H, Zhang Z, Kumamoto Y, Li MY, Li LJ, Saito R, Kawata S
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 30