Anomalous lattice vibrations of monolayer MoS 2 probed by ultraviolet Raman scattering
AuthorsLiu, Hsiang Lin
Shen, Chih Chiang
Hsu, Yu Te
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594288
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present a comprehensive Raman scattering study of monolayer MoS2 with increasing laser excitation energies ranging from the near-infrared to the deep-ultraviolet. The Raman scattering intensities from the second-order phonon modes are revealed to be enhanced anomalously by only the ultraviolet excitation wavelength 354 nm. We demonstrate theoretically that such resonant behavior arises from a strong optical absorption that forms near the Γ point and of the band structure and an inter-valley resonant electronic scattering by the M-point phonons. These results advance our understanding of the double resonance Raman scattering process in low-dimensional semiconducting nanomaterials and provide a foundation for the technological development of monolayer MoS2 in the ultraviolet frequency range. © the Owner Societies 2015.
CitationLiu H-L, Guo H, Yang T, Zhang Z, Kumamoto Y, et al. (2015) Anomalous lattice vibrations of monolayer MoS 2 probed by ultraviolet Raman scattering . Phys Chem Chem Phys 17: 14561–14568. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5cp01347j.
Sponsors51331006, NSFC, National Natural Science Foundation of China
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Comparative study of Raman spectroscopy in graphene and MoS2-type transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Authors: Pimenta MA, Del Corro E, Carvalho BR, Fantini C, Malard LM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 20
- Intervalley scattering by acoustic phonons in two-dimensional MoS<sub>2</sub> revealed by double-resonance Raman spectroscopy.
- Authors: Carvalho BR, Wang Y, Mignuzzi S, Roy D, Terrones M, Fantini C, Crespi VH, Malard LM, Pimenta MA
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 9
- Resonant Raman scattering of ZnSxSe1-x solid solutions: the role of S and Se electronic states.
- Authors: Dimitrievska M, Xie H, Jackson AJ, Fontané X, Espíndola-Rodríguez M, Saucedo E, Pérez-Rodríguez A, Walsh A, Izquierdo-Roca V
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- Spin-orbit splitting in single-layer MoS2 revealed by triply resonant Raman scattering.
- Authors: Sun L, Yan J, Zhan D, Liu L, Hu H, Li H, Tay BK, Kuo JL, Huang CC, Hewak DW, Lee PS, Shen ZX
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- Anomalous lattice vibrations of CVD-grown monolayer MoS<sub>2</sub> probed using linear polarized excitation light.
- Authors: Li F, Huang TD, Lan YW, Lu TH, Shen T, Simbulan KB, Qi J
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 7