Towards meso -Ester BODIPYs with Aggregation-Induced Emission Properties: The Effect of Substitution Positions
AuthorsChua, Ming Hui
Xu, Qing Hua
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594269
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThree meso-ester boron dipyrromethene (BODIPY) dyes have been synthesized and functionalized with aggregation-induced emission (AIE)-active tetraphenylethene or triphenylethene moieties. It was found that functionalizing at the different positions of the BODIPY core resulted in the final dye having different emission properties in response to aggregation: from aggregation-induced quenching (ACQ) to being AIE active. X-ray crystallographic analysis was thus performed to provide an explanation for these differences. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationChua MH, Ni Y, Garai M, Zheng B, Huang K-W, et al. (2015) Towards meso -Ester BODIPYs with Aggregation-Induced Emission Properties: The Effect of Substitution Positions . Chemistry - An Asian Journal 10: 1631–1634. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/asia.201500420.
JournalChemistry - An Asian Journal
- meso-Ester and carboxylic acid substituted BODIPYs with far-red and near-infrared emission for bioimaging applications.
- Authors: Ni Y, Zeng L, Kang NY, Huang KW, Wang L, Zeng Z, Chang YT, Wu J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 17
- Effect of AIE substituents on the fluorescence of tetraphenylethene-containing BODIPY derivatives.
- Authors: Gomez-Duran CF, Hu R, Feng G, Li T, Bu F, Arseneault M, Liu B, Peña-Cabrera E, Tang BZ
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 22
- Dihydronaphthalene-fused boron-dipyrromethene (BODIPY) dyes: insight into the electronic and conformational tuning modes of BODIPY fluorophores.
- Authors: Wang YW, Descalzo AB, Shen Z, You XZ, Rurack K
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 1
- Functionalization of boron dipyrrin (BODIPY) dyes through iridium and rhodium catalysis: a complementary approach to alpha- and beta-substituted BODIPYs.
- Authors: Chen J, Mizumura M, Shinokubo H, Osuka A
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 8
- Benzo[c,d]indole-Containing Aza-BODIPY Dyes: Asymmetrization-Induced Solid-State Emission and Aggregation-Induced Emission Enhancement as New Properties of a Well-Known Chromophore.
- Authors: Shimizu S, Murayama A, Haruyama T, Iino T, Mori S, Furuta H, Kobayashi N
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 7