Partial differential equation models in the socio-economic sciences
KAUST DepartmentApplied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-10-06
Print Publication Date2014-10-06
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594168
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMathematical models based on partial differential equations (PDEs) have become an integral part of quantitative analysis in most branches of science and engineering, recently expanding also towards biomedicine and socio-economic sciences. The application of PDEs in the latter is a promising field, but widely quite open and leading to a variety of novel mathematical challenges. In this introductory article of the Theme Issue, we will provide an overview of the field and its recent boosting topics. Moreover, we will put the contributions to the Theme Issue in an appropriate perspective.
CitationBurger M, Caffarelli L, Markowich PA (2014) Partial differential equation models in the socio-economic sciences. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 372: 20130406–20130406. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2013.0406.
PublisherThe Royal Society
JournalPhilosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences
PubMed Central IDPMC4186255
- Entropy and convexity for nonlinear partial differential equations.
- Authors: Ball JM, Chen GQ
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 28
- Partial differential equation models in macroeconomics.
- Authors: Achdou Y, Buera FJ, Lasry JM, Lions PL, Moll B
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 13
- Master equations and the theory of stochastic path integrals.
- Authors: Weber MF, Frey E
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Taguchi method for partial differential equations with application in tumor growth.
- Authors: Ilea M, Turnea M, Rotariu M, Arotăriţei D, Popescu M
- Issue date: 2014 Apr-Jun
- Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Theory meets Industry (Erwin-Schrödinger-Institute (ESI), Vienna, Austria, 12-14 June 2007).
- Authors: Hafner J
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 13