KAUST DepartmentApplied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594151
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper, we present different applications of finite state mean field games to socio-economic sciences. Examples include paradigm shifts in the scientific community or consumer choice behaviour in the free market. The corresponding finite state mean field game models are hyperbolic systems of partial differential equations, for which we present and validate different numerical methods. We illustrate the behaviour of solutions with various numerical experiments,which show interesting phenomena such as shock formation. Hence, we conclude with an investigation of the shock structure in the case of two-state problems.
CitationGomes D, Velho RM, Wolfram M-T (2014) Socio-economic applications of finite state mean field games. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 372: 20130405–20130405. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2013.0405.
SponsorsD. G. was partially supported by KAUST SRI, Uncertainty Quantification Center in Computational Science and Engineering and CAMGSD-LARSys (FCT-Portugal), PTDC/MAT-CAL/0749/2012 (FCT-Portugal). R. M. V. was partially supported by CNPq-Brazil through a PhD scholarship 'Programme Science without Borders and KAUST' Saudi Arabia. M.-T.W. acknowledges support from the Austrian Academy of Sciences OAW via the New Frontiers Project NST-001.
PublisherThe Royal Society
JournalPhilosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences
- Mean-field models in swarm robotics: A survey.
- Authors: Elamvazhuthi K, Berman S
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 1
- Numerical resolution of a model of tumour growth.
- Authors: Muñoz AI
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Analytical description for the critical fixations of evolutionary coordination games on finite complex structured populations.
- Authors: Zhang L, Zou Y, Guan S, Liu Z
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Finite-difference and finite-volume methods for nonlinear standing ultrasonic waves in fluid media.
- Authors: Vanhille C, Conde C, Campos-Pozuelo C
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Mean-Potential Law in Evolutionary Games.
- Authors: Nałęcz-Jawecki P, Miękisz J
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 12