KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594132
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 1984, Bychkov and Rashba introduced a simple form of spin-orbit coupling to explain the peculiarities of electron spin resonance in two-dimensional semiconductors. Over the past 30 years, Rashba spin-orbit coupling has inspired a vast number of predictions, discoveries and innovative concepts far beyond semiconductors. The past decade has been particularly creative, with the realizations of manipulating spin orientation by moving electrons in space, controlling electron trajectories using spin as a steering wheel, and the discovery of new topological classes of materials. This progress has reinvigorated the interest of physicists and materials scientists in the development of inversion asymmetric structures, ranging from layered graphene-like materials to cold atoms. This Review discusses relevant recent and ongoing realizations of Rashba physics in condensed matter.
CitationManchon A, Koo HC, Nitta J, Frolov SM, Duine RA (2015) New perspectives for Rashba spin–orbit coupling. Nat Mater 14: 871–882. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nmat4360.
- Chiral-like tunneling of electrons in two-dimensional semiconductors with Rashba spin-orbit coupling.
- Authors: Ang YS, Ma Z, Zhang C
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 21
- Equilibrium spin current in graphene with Rashba spin-orbit coupling.
- Authors: Zhang H, Ma Z, Liu JF
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 24
- Specular Andreev reflection in the interface of a two-dimensional semiconductor with Rashba spin-orbit coupling and a d-wave superconductor.
- Authors: Lv B, Zhang C, Ma Z
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 17
- Ideal two-dimensional electron systems with a giant Rashba-type spin splitting in real materials: surfaces of bismuth tellurohalides.
- Authors: Eremeev SV, Nechaev IA, Koroteev YM, Echenique PM, Chulkov EV
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 15
- Quantum transport in Rashba spin-orbit materials: a review.
- Authors: Bercioux D, Lucignano P
- Issue date: 2015 Oct