Catalytically active and hierarchically porous SAPO-11 zeolite synthesized in the presence of polyhexamethylene biguanidine
Made, Alexander van der
Xiao, Feng Shou
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594124
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHierarchically porous SAPO-11 zeolite (H-SAPO-11) is rationally synthesized from a starting silicoaluminophosphate gel in the presence of polyhexamethylene biguanidine as a mesoscale template. The sample is well characterized by XRD, N2 sorption, SEM, TEM, NMR, XPS, NH3-TPD, and TG techniques. The results show that the sample obtained has good crystallinity, hierarchical porosity (mesopores at ca. 10nm and macropores at ca. 50-200nm), high BET surface area (226m2/g), large pore volume (0.25cm3/g), and abundant medium and strong acidic sites (0.36mmol/g). After loading Pt (0.5wt.%) on H-SAPO-11 by using wet impregnation method, catalytic hydroisomerization tests of n-dodecane show that the hierarchical Pt/SAPO-11 zeolite exhibits high conversion of n-dodecane and enhanced selectivity for branched products as well as reduced selectivity for cracking products, compared with conventional Pt/SAPO-11 zeolite. This phenomenon is reasonably attributed to the presence of hierarchical porosity, which is favorable for access of reactants on catalytically active sites. The improvement in catalytic performance in long-chain paraffin hydroisomerization over Pt/SAPO-11-based catalyst is of great importance for its industrial applications in the future. © 2013 Elsevier Inc.
CitationLiu Y, Qu W, Chang W, Pan S, Tian Z, et al. (2014) Catalytically active and hierarchically porous SAPO-11 zeolite synthesized in the presence of polyhexamethylene biguanidine. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 418: 193–199. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2013.11.065.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Natural National Science Foundation of China (21273197 and U1162201), National High-Tech Research & Development Program of China (2013AA065301), and Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2013XZZX001).
- Design and preparation of efficient hydroisomerization catalysts by the formation of stable SAPO-11 molecular sieve nanosheets with 10-20 nm thickness and partially blocked acidic sites.
- Authors: Zhang F, Liu Y, Sun Q, Dai Z, Gies H, Wu Q, Pan S, Bian C, Tian Z, Meng X, Zhang Y, Zou X, Yi X, Zheng A, Wang L, Xiao FS
- Issue date: 2017 May 2
- Optimizing the crystallinity and acidity of H-SAPO-34 by fluoride for synthesizing Cu/SAPO-34 NH3-SCR catalyst.
- Authors: Ma J, Si Z, Wu X, Weng D, Ma Y
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Regulating acidity, porosity, and morphology of hierarchical SAPO-11 zeolite by aging treatment.
- Authors: Liu Y, Xu L, Lv Y, Liu X
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 1
- Hydroisomerization of n-dodecane over Pt/Al-MCM-48 catalysts.
- Authors: Yun S, Park YK, Jeong SY, Han J, Jeon JK
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Hollow MFI Zeolite Supported Pt Catalysts for Highly Selective and Stable Hydrodeoxygenation of Guaiacol to Cycloalkanes.
- Authors: Niu X, Feng F, Yuan G, Zhang X, Wang Q
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 4