Flexible, Transparent, Thickness-Controllable SWCNT/PEDOT:PSS Hybrid Films Based on Coffee-Ring Lithography for Functional Noncontact Sensing Device
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/594115
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFlexible transparent conductive films (FTCFs) as the essential components of the next generation of functional circuits and devices are presently attracting more attention. Here, a new strategy has been demonstrated to fabricate thickness-controllable FTCFs through coffee ring lithography (CRL) of single-wall carbon nanotube (SWCNT)/poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)-polystyrenesulfonate (PEDOT:PSS) hybrid ink. The influence of ink concentration and volume on the thickness and size of hybrid film has been investigated systematically. Results show that the final FTCFs present a high performance, including a homogeneous thickness of 60-65 nm, a sheet resistance of 1.8 kohm/sq, a visible/infrared-range transmittance (79%, PET = 90%), and a dynamic mechanical property (>1000 cycle, much better than ITO film), respectively, when SWCNT concentration is 0.2 mg/mL, ink volume is 0.4 μL, drying at room temperature. Moreover, the benefits of these kinds of FTCFs have been verified through a full transparent, flexible noncontact sensing panel (3 × 4 sensing pixels) and a flexible battery-free wireless sensor based on a humidity sensing mechanism, showing excellent human/machine interaction with high sensitivity, good stability, and fast response/recovery ability. © 2015 American Chemical Society.
CitationTai Y-L, Yang Z-G (2015) Flexible, Transparent, Thickness-Controllable SWCNT/PEDOT:PSS Hybrid Films Based on Coffee-Ring Lithography for Functional Noncontact Sensing Device. Langmuir 31: 13257–13264. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.langmuir.5b03449.
SponsorsKey Discipline Fund of Shanghai[B117]
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Heating-Rate-Triggered Carbon-Nanotube-based 3-Dimensional Conducting Networks for a Highly Sensitive Noncontact Sensing Device.
- Authors: Tai Y, Lubineau G
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 28
- Multiwall carbon nanotube and poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene): polystyrene sulfonate (PEDOT:PSS) composite films for transistor and inverter devices.
- Authors: Yun DJ, Hong K, Kim Sh, Yun WM, Jang JY, Kwon WS, Park CE, Rhee SW
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Highly Conductive PEDOT:PSS Films with 1,3-Dimethyl-2-Imidazolidinone as Transparent Electrodes for Organic Light-Emitting Diodes.
- Authors: Kim JH, Joo CW, Lee J, Seo YK, Han JW, Oh JY, Kim JS, Yu S, Lee JH, Lee JI, Yun C, Choi BH, Kim YH
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Silver Nanowire-Conducting Polymer-ITO Hybrids for Flexible and Transparent Conductive Electrodes with Excellent Durability.
- Authors: Yoo JH, Kim Y, Han MK, Choi S, Song KY, Chung KC, Kim JM, Kwak J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 29