Development of polymorphic microsatellite loci for conservation genetic studies of the coral reef fish Centropyge bicolor
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Environmental Science and Engineering Program
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA total of 23 novel polymorphic microsatellite marker loci were developed for the angelfish Centropyge bicolor through 454 sequencing, and further tested on two spatially separated populations (90 individuals each) from Kimbe Bay in Papua New Guinea. The mean ± s.e. number of alleles per locus was 14·65 ± 1·05, and mean ± s.e. observed (HO) and expected (HE) heterozygosity frequencies were 0·676 ± 0·021 and 0·749 ± 0·018, respectively. The markers reported here constitute the first specific set for this genus and will be useful for future conservation genetic studies in the Indo-Pacific region. © 2015 The Fisheries Society of the British Isles.
CitationHerrera M, Saenz-Agudelo P, Nanninga GB, Berumen ML (2015) Development of polymorphic microsatellite loci for conservation genetic studies of the coral reef fish Centropyge bicolor . J Fish Biol 87: 748–753. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jfb.12694.
SponsorsKing Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Australian Research Council
JournalJournal of Fish Biology
- Development of novel polymorphic microsatellite markers in Siganus fuscescens.
- Authors: Mao XQ, Li ZB, Ning YF, Shangguan JB, Yuan Y, Huang YS, Li BB
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 29
- Seascape and life-history traits do not predict self-recruitment in a coral reef fish.
- Authors: Herrera M, Nanninga GB, Planes S, Jones GP, Thorrold SR, Saenz-Agudelo P, Almany GR, Berumen ML
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Development and characterization of microsatellite loci in Megalonibea fusca.
- Authors: Li ZB, Li QH, Ning YF, Shangguan JB, Dai G, Chen LN, Cao YY, Chen XJ
- Issue date: 2015 May 4
- Development of microsatellite markers as a molecular tool for conservation studies of the Mediterranean reef builder coral Cladocora caespitosa (Anthozoa, Scleractinia).
- Authors: Casado-Amezúa P, García-Jiménez R, Kersting DK, Templado J, Coffroth MA, Merino P, Acevedo I, Machordom A
- Issue date: 2011 Sep-Oct
- Development of novel microsatellite markers for conservation genetic studies of Vulpes vulpes (Canidae) by using next-generation sequencing method.
- Authors: Yu JN, Chung CU, Oh KH, Lee BK, Lim CE
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 27