AuthorsZidan, M. A.
Salem, Ahmed Sultan
Fahmy, H. A. H.
Lu, W. D.
Salama, Khaled N.
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Online Publication Date2016-01-07
Print Publication Date2016-05
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/593181
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-density memristor-crossbar architecture is a very promising technology for future computing systems. The simplicity of the gateless-crossbar structure is both its principal advantage and the source of undesired sneak-paths of current. This parasitic current could consume an enormous amount of energy and ruin the readout process. We introduce new adaptive-threshold readout techniques that utilize the locality and hierarchy properties of the computer-memory system to address the sneak-paths problem. The proposed methods require a single memory access per pixel for an array readout. Besides, the memristive crossbar consumes an order of magnitude less power than state-of-the-art readout techniques.
CitationSingle-Readout High-Density Memristor Crossbar 2016, 6:18863 Scientific Reports
- A crossbar resistance switching memory readout scheme with sneak current cancellation based on a two-port current-mode sensing.
- Authors: Bae W, Yoon KJ, Hwang CS, Jeong DK
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 2
- Post-Moore Memory Technology: Sneak Path Current (SPC) Phenomena on RRAM Crossbar Array and Solutions.
- Authors: Chen YC, Lin CC, Chang YF
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 3
- A Parasitic Resistance-Adapted Programming Scheme for Memristor Crossbar-Based Neuromorphic Computing Systems.
- Authors: Ngoc Truong S
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 8
- In-Memory-Computing Realization with a Photodiode/Memristor Based Vision Sensor.
- Authors: Vasileiadis N, Ntinas V, Sirakoulis GC, Dimitrakis P
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 10
- Memristor-CMOS Hybrid Neuron Circuit with Nonideal-Effect Correction Related to Parasitic Resistance for Binary-Memristor-Crossbar Neural Networks.
- Authors: Nguyen TV, An J, Min KS
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 1