AuthorsZidan, M. A.
Salem, Ahmed Sultan
Fahmy, H. A. H.
Lu, W. D.
Salama, Khaled N.
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Online Publication Date2016-01-07
Print Publication Date2016-05
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/593181
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-density memristor-crossbar architecture is a very promising technology for future computing systems. The simplicity of the gateless-crossbar structure is both its principal advantage and the source of undesired sneak-paths of current. This parasitic current could consume an enormous amount of energy and ruin the readout process. We introduce new adaptive-threshold readout techniques that utilize the locality and hierarchy properties of the computer-memory system to address the sneak-paths problem. The proposed methods require a single memory access per pixel for an array readout. Besides, the memristive crossbar consumes an order of magnitude less power than state-of-the-art readout techniques.
CitationSingle-Readout High-Density Memristor Crossbar 2016, 6:18863 Scientific Reports
- A crossbar resistance switching memory readout scheme with sneak current cancellation based on a two-port current-mode sensing.
- Authors: Bae W, Yoon KJ, Hwang CS, Jeong DK
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 2
- A Parasitic Resistance-Adapted Programming Scheme for Memristor Crossbar-Based Neuromorphic Computing Systems.
- Authors: Ngoc Truong S
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 8
- A functional hybrid memristor crossbar-array/CMOS system for data storage and neuromorphic applications.
- Authors: Kim KH, Gaba S, Wheeler D, Cruz-Albrecht JM, Hussain T, Srinivasa N, Lu W
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 11
- Complementary resistive switches for passive nanocrossbar memories.
- Authors: Linn E, Rosezin R, Kügeler C, Waser R
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Observation of Resistive Switching Behavior in Crossbar Core-Shell Ni/NiO Nanowires Memristor.
- Authors: Ting YH, Chen JY, Huang CW, Huang TK, Hsieh CY, Wu WW
- Issue date: 2018 Feb