Draft Genome Sequence of the Hydrocarbon-Degrading Bacterium Alcanivorax dieselolei KS-293 Isolated from Surface Seawater in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-12-10
Print Publication Date2015-12-31
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/592817
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report here the draft genome sequence of Alcanivorax dieselolei KS-293, a hydrocarbonoclastic bacterium isolated from the Mediterranean Sea, by supplying diesel oil as the sole carbon source. This strain contains multiple putative genes associated with hydrocarbon degradation pathways and that are highly similar to those described in A. dieselolei type strain B5.
CitationDraft Genome Sequence of the Hydrocarbon-Degrading Bacterium Alcanivorax dieselolei KS-293 Isolated from Surface Seawater in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea 2015, 3 (6):e01424-15 Genome Announcements
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
- Genome sequence of an obligate hydrocarbonoclastic bacterium Alcanivorax marinus NMRL4 isolated from oil polluted seawater of the Arabian Sea.
- Authors: Jagtap CB, Ram RM, Tiwari OK, Titus S, Lodha T
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- Complete genome sequence of Alcanivorax dieselolei type strain B5.
- Authors: Lai Q, Li W, Shao Z
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Alcanivorax dieselolei sp. nov., a novel alkane-degrading bacterium isolated from sea water and deep-sea sediment.
- Authors: Liu C, Shao Z
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Genome Sequence of the Petroleum Hydrocarbon-Degrading Bacterium Alcanivorax sp. Strain 97CO-5.
- Authors: Luan X, Cui Z, Gao W, Li Q, Yin X, Zheng L
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 11
- Complete genome sequence and comparative genome analysis of Alcanivorax sp. IO_7, a marine alkane-degrading bacterium isolated from hydrothermally-influenced deep seawater of southwest Indian ridge.
- Authors: Sinha RK, Krishnan KP, Kurian PJ
- Issue date: 2021 Jan