Two domain-disrupted hda6 alleles have opposite epigenetic effects on transgenes and some endogenous targets
KAUST DepartmentAcademic Affairs
Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE) Division
Center for Desert Agriculture
Office of the VP
Plant Stress Genomics Research Lab
Online Publication Date2015-12-15
Print Publication Date2016-11
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/592607
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHDA6 is a RPD3-like histone deacetylase. In Arabidopsis, it mediates transgene and some endogenous target transcriptional gene silencing (TGS) via histone deacetylation and DNA methylation. Here, we characterized two hda6 mutant alleles that were recovered as second-site suppressors of the DNA demethylation mutant ros1–1. Although both alleles derepressed 35S
CitationTwo domain-disrupted hda6 alleles have opposite epigenetic effects on transgenes and some endogenous targets 2015, 5:17832 Scientific Reports
- Identification of Arabidopsis histone deacetylase HDA6 mutants that affect transgene expression.
- Authors: Murfett J, Wang XJ, Hagen G, Guilfoyle TJ
- Issue date: 2001 May
- ROR1/RPA2A, a putative replication protein A2, functions in epigenetic gene silencing and in regulation of meristem development in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Xia R, Wang J, Liu C, Wang Y, Wang Y, Zhai J, Liu J, Hong X, Cao X, Zhu JK, Gong Z
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- Arabidopsis HDA6 regulates locus-directed heterochromatin silencing in cooperation with MET1.
- Authors: To TK, Kim JM, Matsui A, Kurihara Y, Morosawa T, Ishida J, Tanaka M, Endo T, Kakutani T, Toyoda T, Kimura H, Yokoyama S, Shinozaki K, Seki M
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- HISTONE DEACETYLASE6 Controls Gene Expression Patterning and DNA Methylation-Independent Euchromatic Silencing.
- Authors: Hristova E, Fal K, Klemme L, Windels D, Bucher E
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Arabidopsis RPT2a, 19S proteasome subunit, regulates gene silencing via DNA methylation.
- Authors: Sako K, Maki Y, Kanai T, Kato E, Maekawa S, Yasuda S, Sato T, Watahiki MK, Yamaguchi J
- Issue date: 2012