Strain Tuning of the Charge Density Wave in Monolayer and Bilayer 1T-TaS2
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBy first-principles calculations, we investigate the strain effects on the charge density wave states of monolayer and bilayer 1T-TaS2. The modified stability of the charge density wave in the monolayer is understood in terms of the strain dependent electron localization, which determines the distortion amplitude. On the other hand, in the bilayer the effect of strain on the interlayer interaction is also crucial. The rich phase diagram under strain opens new venues for applications of 1T-TaS2. We interpret the experimentally observed insulating state of bulk 1T-TaS2 as inherited from the monolayer by effective interlayer decoupling.
CitationStrain Tuning of the Charge Density Wave in Monolayer and Bilayer 1T-TaS2 2015 Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Surface-Limited Superconducting Phase Transition on 1T -TaS<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Wang Z, Sun YY, Abdelwahab I, Cao L, Yu W, Ju H, Zhu J, Fu W, Chu L, Xu H, Loh KP
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 7
- Ultrathin Bismuth Film on 1T-TaS<sub>2</sub>: Structural Transition and Charge-Density-Wave Proximity Effect.
- Authors: Yamada K, Souma S, Yamauchi K, Shimamura N, Sugawara K, Trang CX, Oguchi T, Ueno K, Takahashi T, Sato T
- Issue date: 2018 May 9
- Gate-tunable phase transitions in thin flakes of 1T-TaS2.
- Authors: Yu Y, Yang F, Lu XF, Yan YJ, Cho YH, Ma L, Niu X, Kim S, Son YW, Feng D, Li S, Cheong SW, Chen XH, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Nanoscale manipulation of the Mott insulating state coupled to charge order in 1T-TaS2.
- Authors: Cho D, Cheon S, Kim KS, Lee SH, Cho YH, Cheong SW, Yeom HW
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 22
- Tuning Phase Transitions in 1T-TaS<sub>2</sub> via the Substrate.
- Authors: Zhao R, Wang Y, Deng D, Luo X, Lu WJ, Sun YP, Liu ZK, Chen LQ, Robinson J
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 14