Strain Tuning of the Charge Density Wave in Monolayer and Bilayer 1T-TaS2
KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/584253
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBy first-principles calculations, we investigate the strain effects on the charge density wave states of monolayer and bilayer 1T-TaS2. The modified stability of the charge density wave in the monolayer is understood in terms of the strain dependent electron localization, which determines the distortion amplitude. On the other hand, in the bilayer the effect of strain on the interlayer interaction is also crucial. The rich phase diagram under strain opens new venues for applications of 1T-TaS2. We interpret the experimentally observed insulating state of bulk 1T-TaS2 as inherited from the monolayer by effective interlayer decoupling.
CitationStrain Tuning of the Charge Density Wave in Monolayer and Bilayer 1T-TaS2 2015 Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Charge Transfer Gap Tuning via Structural Distortion in Monolayer 1T-NbSe<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Liu ZY, Qiao S, Huang B, Tang QY, Ling ZH, Zhang WH, Xia HN, Liao X, Shi H, Mao WH, Zhu GL, Lü JT, Fu YS
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 25
- Modulating Charge Density Wave Order in a 1T-TaS<sub>2</sub>/Black Phosphorus Heterostructure.
- Authors: Wang Z, Chu L, Li L, Yang M, Wang J, Eda G, Loh KP
- Issue date: 2019 May 8
- Environmental Control of Charge Density Wave Order in Monolayer 2H-TaS<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Hall J, Ehlen N, Berges J, van Loon E, van Efferen C, Murray C, Rösner M, Li J, Senkovskiy BV, Hell M, Rolf M, Heider T, Asensio MC, Avila J, Plucinski L, Wehling T, Grüneis A, Michely T
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 24
- Gate-tunable phase transitions in thin flakes of 1T-TaS2.
- Authors: Yu Y, Yang F, Lu XF, Yan YJ, Cho YH, Ma L, Niu X, Kim S, Son YW, Feng D, Li S, Cheong SW, Chen XH, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Ultrathin Bismuth Film on 1T-TaS<sub>2</sub>: Structural Transition and Charge-Density-Wave Proximity Effect.
- Authors: Yamada K, Souma S, Yamauchi K, Shimamura N, Sugawara K, Trang CX, Oguchi T, Ueno K, Takahashi T, Sato T
- Issue date: 2018 May 9