One-Pot Synthesis of N-(α-Peroxy)Indole/Carbazole via Chemoselective Three-Component Condensation Reaction in Open Atmosphere
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA facile one-pot synthesis of N-(α-peroxy)indole and N-(α-peroxy)carbazole has been developed using metal-free, organo-acid-catalyzed three-component condensation reactions of indole/carbazole, aldehyde, and peroxide. Based on the reaction discovered, a new synthetic proposal for Fumitremorgin A and Verruculogen is introduced. Such a protocol could be easily handled and scaled up in an open atmosphere with a wide substrate scope, enabling the construction of a new molecule library.
CitationOne-Pot Synthesis of N-(α-Peroxy)Indole/Carbazole via Chemoselective Three-Component Condensation Reaction in Open Atmosphere 2015, 17 (22):5630 Organic Letters
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
Is Supplemented ByWang, X., Pan, Y., Huang, K.-W., & Lai, Z. (2015). CCDC 1438644: Experimental Crystal Structure Determination [Data set]. Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. https://doi.org/10.5517/cc1k90wr
- KO<sup>t</sup>Bu-Mediated, Three-Component Coupling Reaction of Indoles, Fullerene, and Haloalkanes: One-Pot, Transition-Metal-Free Synthesis of Various 1,4-(3-Indole)(organo)fullerenes.
- Authors: Li F, Wang L, Wang J, Peng D, Zhao Y, Li S, Zhou H, Wu J, Tian X, Tian Y
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 3
- An efficient synthesis of indolo[3,2-a]carbazoles via the novel acid catalyzed reaction of indoles and diaryl-1,2-diones.
- Authors: Nair V, Nandialath V, Abhilash KG, Suresh E
- Issue date: 2008 May 21
- A facile I<sub>2</sub>-catalyzed synthesis of imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines via sp<sup>3</sup> C-H functionalization of azaarenes and evaluation of anticancer activity.
- Authors: Mani GS, Shaik SP, Tangella Y, Bale S, Godugu C, Kamal A
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 16
- The Direct catalytic asymmetric cross-Mannich reaction: a highly enantioselective route to 3-amino alcohols and alpha-amino acid derivatives.
- Authors: Córdova A
- Issue date: 2004 Apr 19
- An Efficient Amide-Aldehyde-Alkene Condensation: Synthesis for the N-Allyl Amides.
- Authors: Quan ZJ, Wang XC
- Issue date: 2016 Feb