One-Pot Synthesis of N-(α-Peroxy)Indole/Carbazole via Chemoselective Three-Component Condensation Reaction in Open Atmosphere
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-11-06
Print Publication Date2015-11-20
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/583936
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA facile one-pot synthesis of N-(α-peroxy)indole and N-(α-peroxy)carbazole has been developed using metal-free, organo-acid-catalyzed three-component condensation reactions of indole/carbazole, aldehyde, and peroxide. Based on the reaction discovered, a new synthetic proposal for Fumitremorgin A and Verruculogen is introduced. Such a protocol could be easily handled and scaled up in an open atmosphere with a wide substrate scope, enabling the construction of a new molecule library.
CitationOne-Pot Synthesis of N-(α-Peroxy)Indole/Carbazole via Chemoselective Three-Component Condensation Reaction in Open Atmosphere 2015, 17 (22):5630 Organic Letters
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
- KO<sup>t</sup>Bu-Mediated, Three-Component Coupling Reaction of Indoles, Fullerene, and Haloalkanes: One-Pot, Transition-Metal-Free Synthesis of Various 1,4-(3-Indole)(organo)fullerenes.
- Authors: Li F, Wang L, Wang J, Peng D, Zhao Y, Li S, Zhou H, Wu J, Tian X, Tian Y
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 3
- An efficient synthesis of indolo[3,2-a]carbazoles via the novel acid catalyzed reaction of indoles and diaryl-1,2-diones.
- Authors: Nair V, Nandialath V, Abhilash KG, Suresh E
- Issue date: 2008 May 21
- A three-component iodine-catalyzed oxidative coupling reaction: a heterodifunctionalization of 3-methylindoles.
- Authors: Zhang W, Xiang S, Fan W, Jin J, Li Y, Huang D
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 7
- A facile I<sub>2</sub>-catalyzed synthesis of imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines via sp<sup>3</sup> C-H functionalization of azaarenes and evaluation of anticancer activity.
- Authors: Mani GS, Shaik SP, Tangella Y, Bale S, Godugu C, Kamal A
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 16
- The Direct catalytic asymmetric cross-Mannich reaction: a highly enantioselective route to 3-amino alcohols and alpha-amino acid derivatives.
- Authors: Córdova A
- Issue date: 2004 Apr 19