Vibrational Fingerprints of Low-Lying PtnP2n (n = 1–5) Cluster Structures from Global Optimization Based on Density Functional Theory Potential Energy Surfaces
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVibrational fingerprints of small PtnP2n (n = 1–5) clusters were computed from their low-lying structures located from a global exploration of their DFT potential energy surfaces with the GSAM code. Five DFT methods were assessed from the CCSD(T) wavenumbers of PtP2 species and CCSD relative energies of Pt2P4 structures. The eight first PtnP2n isomers found are reported. The vibrational computations reveal (i) the absence of clear signatures made by overtone or combination bands due to very weak mechanical and electrical anharmonicities and (ii) some significant and recurrent vibrational fingerprints in correlation with the different PP bonding situations in the PtnP2n structures.
CitationVibrational Fingerprints of Low-Lying PtnP2n (n = 1–5) Cluster Structures from Global Optimization Based on Density Functional Theory Potential Energy Surfaces 2015, 119 (48):11711 The Journal of Physical Chemistry A
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Structure and stability of (TiO2)n, (SiO2)n, and mixed Ti(m)Si(n-m)O(2n) [n = 2-5, m = 1 to (n - 1)] clusters.
- Authors: Bandyopadhyay I, Aikens CM
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 10
- Optimal geometries and harmonic vibrational frequencies of the global minima of water clusters (H2O)n, n = 2-6, and several hexamer local minima at the CCSD(T) level of theory.
- Authors: Miliordos E, Aprà E, Xantheas SS
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 21
- Structures and stability of medium silicon clusters. II. Ab initio molecular orbital calculations of Si12-Si20.
- Authors: Zhu XL, Zeng XC, Lei YA, Pan B
- Issue date: 2004 May 15
- Molecular structure and spectroscopic signatures of acrolein: theory meets experiment.
- Authors: Puzzarini C, Penocchio E, Biczysko M, Barone V
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21
- The use of the GSAM approach for the structural investigation of low-lying isomers of molecular clusters from density-functional-theory-based potential energy surfaces: the structures of microhydrated nucleic acid bases.
- Authors: Thicoipe S, Carbonniere P, Pouchan C
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 15