Fast Crystallization and improved Stability of Perovskite Solar Cells with Zn 2 SnO 4 Electron Transporting Layer: Interface Matters
Sheikh, Arif D.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/583379
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere we report that mesoporous ternary oxide Zn2SnO4 can significantly promotes the crystallization of hybrid perovskite layers and serves as an efficient electron transporting material in perovskite solar cells. Such devices exhibit an energy conversion efficiency of 13.34%, which is even higher than that achieved with the commonly used TiO2 in the similar experimental conditions (9.1%). Simple one-step spin coating of CH3NH3PbI3−xClx on Zn2SnO4 is found to lead to rapidly crystalized bilayer perovskite structure without any solvent engineering. Furthermore, ultrafast transient absorption measurement reveals efficient charge transfer at the Zn2SnO4/perovskite interface. Most importantly, solar cells with Zn2SnO4 as the electron-transporting material exhibit negligible electrical hysteresis and exceptionally high stability without encapsulation for over one month. Besides underscoring Zn2SnO4 as a highly promising electron transporting material for perovskite solar cells, our results demonstrate the significant role of interfaces on improving the perovskite crystallization and photovoltaic performance.
CitationFast Crystallization and improved Stability of Perovskite Solar Cells with Zn 2 SnO 4 Electron Transporting Layer: Interface Matters 2015 ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Highly porous Zinc Stannate (Zn2SnO4) nanofibers scaffold photoelectrodes for efficient methyl ammonium halide perovskite solar cells.
- Authors: Mali SS, Shim CS, Hong CK
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 22
- Recent Advances in the Inverted Planar Structure of Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Meng L, You J, Guo TF, Yang Y
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 19
- Performance Enhancement of Mesoporous TiO<sub>2</sub>-Based Perovskite Solar Cells by SbI<sub>3</sub> Interfacial Modification Layer.
- Authors: Zhang P, Yang F, Kamarudin MA, Ng CH, Kapil G, Ma T, Hayase S
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 5
- Rational Strategies for Efficient Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Seo J, Noh JH, Seok SI
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 15
- Solvent-Mediated Crystallization of CH3NH3SnI3 Films for Heterojunction Depleted Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Hao F, Stoumpos CC, Guo P, Zhou N, Marks TJ, Chang RP, Kanatzidis MG
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 9