N-Heterocyclic Carbene-Catalysed Diastereoselective Vinylogous Michael Addition Reaction of gamma-Substituted deconjugated Butenolides
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn efficient N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC)-catalysed vinylogous Michael addition of deconjugated butenolides was developed. In the presence of 5 mol% of the NHC catalyst, both γ-alkyl and aryl-substituted deconjugated butenolides undergo vinylogous Michael addition with various α, β-unsaturated ketones, esters, or nitriles to afford γ,γ-disubstituted butenolides containing adjacent quaternary and tertiary carbon centers in good to excellent yields with excellent diastereoselectivities. In this process, the free carbene is assumed to act as a strong Brønsted base to promote the conjugate addition.
CitationN-Heterocyclic Carbene-Catalysed Diastereoselective Vinylogous Michael Addition Reaction of gamma-Substituted deconjugated Butenolides 2015 The Journal of Organic Chemistry
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalThe Journal of Organic Chemistry
Is Supplemented ByGuo, H., Xing, F., Du, G.-F., Huang, K.-W., Dai, B., & He, L. (2016). CCDC 1433704: Experimental Crystal Structure Determination [Data set]. Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. https://doi.org/10.5517/cc1k3wj2
- Catalytic enantioselective construction of quaternary stereocenters by direct vinylogous Michael addition of deconjugated butenolides to nitroolefins.
- Authors: Manna MS, Kumar V, Mukherjee S
- Issue date: 2012 May 25
- Asymmetric Construction of Remote Vicinal Quaternary and Tertiary Stereocenters via Direct Doubly Vinylogous Michael Addition.
- Authors: Rout S, Joshi H, Singh VK
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 20
- Catalytic asymmetric α-aldol reaction of vinylogous N-heterocyclic carbene enolates: formation of quaternary and labile tertiary stereocenters.
- Authors: Dong X, Sun J
- Issue date: 2014 May 2
- Enantioselective Synthesis of Spirocyclohexadienones by NHC-Catalyzed Formal [3+3] Annulation Reaction of Enals.
- Authors: Yetra SR, Mondal S, Mukherjee S, Gonnade RG, Biju AT
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 4
- Organocatalytic enantioselective direct vinylogous Michael addition of γ-substituted butenolides to 3-aroyl acrylates and 1,2-diaroylethylenes.
- Authors: Das U, Chen YR, Tsai YL, Lin W
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 10