Cobalt and sulfur co-doped nano-size TiO2 for photodegradation of various dyes and phenol
KAUST DepartmentElectron Microscopy
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-11-20
Print Publication Date2015-11
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/582655
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVarious compositions of cobalt and sulfur co-doped titania nano-photocatalyst are synthesized via sol–gel method. A number of techniques including X-ray diffraction (XRD), ultraviolet–visible (UV–Vis), Rutherford backscattering spectrometry (RBS), thermal gravimetric analysis (TGA), Raman, N2 sorption, electron microscopy are used to examine composition, crystalline phase, morphology, distribution of dopants, surface area and optical properties of synthesized materials. The synthesized materials consisted of quasispherical nanoparticles of anatase phase exhibiting a high surface area and homogeneous distribution of dopants. Cobalt and sulfur co-doped titania demonstrated remarkable structural and optical properties leading to an efficient photocatalytic activity for degradation of dyes and phenol under visible light irradiations. Moreover, the effect of dye concentration, catalyst dose and pH on photodegradation behavior of environmental pollutants and recyclability of the catalyst is also examined to optimize the activity of nano-photocatalyst and gain a better understanding of the process.
CitationCobalt and sulfur co-doped nano-size TiO2 for photodegradation of various dyes and phenol 2015, 37:100 Journal of Environmental Sciences
- Characterization and photocatalytic performance evaluation of various metal ion-doped microstructured TiO2 under UV and visible light.
- Authors: Sahoo C, Gupta AK
- Issue date: 2015
- Photocatalytic degradation of phenol in aqueous solutions by Pr-doped TiO2 nanoparticles.
- Authors: Chiou CH, Juang RS
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 1
- High performance sulfur, nitrogen and carbon doped mesoporous anatase-brookite TiO₂ photocatalyst for the removal of microcystin-LR under visible light irradiation.
- Authors: El-Sheikh SM, Zhang G, El-Hosainy HM, Ismail AA, O'Shea KE, Falaras P, Kontos AG, Dionysiou DD
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 15
- Photocatalytic degradation of basic blue 9 by CoS nanoparticles supported on AlMCM-41 material as a catalyst.
- Authors: Sohrabnezhad Sh, Pourahmad A, Radaee E
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 15
- PAMAM templated N,Pt co-doped TiO<sub>2</sub> for visible light photodegradation of brilliant black.
- Authors: Nzaba SKM, Ntsendwana B, Mamba BB, Kuvarega AT
- Issue date: 2018 May