AuthorsSaidaminov, Makhsud I.
Abdelhady, Ahmed L.
Sargent, Edward H.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHybrid perovskites are promising semiconductors for optoelectronic applications. However, they suffer from morphological disorder that limits their optoelectronic properties and, ultimately, device performance. Recently, perovskite single crystals have been shown to overcome this problem and exhibit impressive improvements: low trap density, low intrinsic carrier concentration, high mobility, and long diffusion length that outperform perovskite-based thin films. These characteristics make the material ideal for realizing photodetection that is simultaneously fast and sensitive; unfortunately, these macroscopic single crystals cannot be grown on a planar substrate, curtailing their potential for optoelectronic integration. Here we produce large-area planar-integrated films made up of large perovskite single crystals. These crystalline films exhibit mobility and diffusion length comparable with those of single crystals. Using this technique, we produced a high-performance light detector showing high gain (above 104 electrons per photon) and high gain-bandwidth product (above 108 Hz) relative to other perovskite-based optical sensors.
CitationPlanar-integrated single-crystalline perovskite photodetectors 2015, 6:8724 Nature Communications
PublisherNature Publishing Group
- High-Performance Single-Crystalline Perovskite Thin-Film Photodetector.
- Authors: Yang Z, Deng Y, Zhang X, Wang S, Chen H, Yang S, Khurgin J, Fang NX, Zhang X, Ma R
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Constructing Sensitive and Fast Lead-Free Single-Crystalline Perovskite Photodetectors.
- Authors: Yang B, Li YJ, Tang YX, Mao X, Luo C, Wang MS, Deng WQ, Han KL
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 7
- Recent Progress in Single-Crystalline Perovskite Research Including Crystal Preparation, Property Evaluation, and Applications.
- Authors: Liu Y, Yang Z, Liu SF
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- High Performance and Stable All-Inorganic Metal Halide Perovskite-Based Photodetectors for Optical Communication Applications.
- Authors: Bao C, Yang J, Bai S, Xu W, Yan Z, Xu Q, Liu J, Zhang W, Gao F
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 31
- Perovskite-based photodetectors: materials and devices.
- Authors: Wang H, Kim DH
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 29