Duran Retamal, Jose Ramon
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Online Publication Date2015-10-12
Print Publication Date2015-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/581360
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA fully transparent resistive memory (TRRAM) based on Hafnium oxide (HfO2) with excellent transparency, resistive switching capability, and environmental stability is demonstrated. The retention time measured at 85 °C is over 3 × 104 sec, and no significant degradation is observed in 130 cycling test. Compared with ZnO TRRAM, HfO2 TRRAM shows reliable performance under harsh conditions, such as high oxygen partial pressure, high moisture (relative humidity = 90% at 85 °C), corrosive agent exposure, and proton irradiation. Moreover, HfO2 TRRAM fabricated in cross-bar array structures manifests the feasibility of future high density memory applications. These findings not only pave the way for future TRRAM design, but also demonstrate the promising applicability of HfO2 TRRAM for harsh environments.
CitationA Fully Transparent Resistive Memory for Harsh Environments 2015, 5:15087 Scientific Reports
- Transparent Memory For Harsh Electronics.
- Authors: Ho CH, Retamal JR, Yang PK, Lee CP, Tsai ML, Kang CF, He JH
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 14
- Excellent resistive switching properties of atomic layer-deposited Al2O3/HfO2/Al2O3 trilayer structures for non-volatile memory applications.
- Authors: Wang LG, Qian X, Cao YQ, Cao ZY, Fang GY, Li AD, Wu D
- Issue date: 2015
- All solution-processed, fully transparent resistive memory devices.
- Authors: Kim A, Song K, Kim Y, Moon J
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Resistive memory for harsh electronics: immunity to surface effect and high corrosion resistance via surface modification.
- Authors: Huang TH, Yang PK, Lien DH, Kang CF, Tsai ML, Chueh YL, He JH
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 18
- Electron holography on HfO<sub>2</sub>/HfO<sub>2-x</sub> bilayer structures with multilevel resistive switching properties.
- Authors: Niu G, Schubert MA, Sharath SU, Zaumseil P, Vogel S, Wenger C, Hildebrandt E, Bhupathi S, Perez E, Alff L, Lehmann M, Schroeder T, Niermann T
- Issue date: 2017 May 26