A SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodelling Protein Controls Cytokinin Production through the Regulation of Chromatin Architecture
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Desert Agriculture Initiative
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/579847
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChromatin architecture determines transcriptional accessibility to DNA and consequently gene expression levels in response to developmental and environmental stimuli. Recently, chromatin remodelers such as SWI/SNF complexes have been recognized as key regulators of chromatin architecture. To gain insight into the function of these complexes during root development, we have analyzed Arabidopsis knock-down lines for one sub-unit of SWI/SNF complexes: BAF60. Here, we show that BAF60 is a positive regulator of root development and cell cycle progression in the root meristem via its ability to down-regulate cytokinin production. By opposing both the deposition of active histone marks and the formation of a chromatin regulatory loop, BAF60 negatively regulates two crucial target genes for cytokinin biosynthesis (IPT3 and IPT7) and one cell cycle inhibitor (KRP7). Our results demonstrate that SWI/SNF complexes containing BAF60 are key factors governing the equilibrium between formation and dissociation of a chromatin loop controlling phytohormone production and cell cycle progression.
CitationA SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodelling Protein Controls Cytokinin Production through the Regulation of Chromatin Architecture 2015, 10 (10):e0138276 PLOS ONE
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
- The BAF60 subunit of the SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex directly controls the formation of a gene loop at FLOWERING LOCUS C in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Jégu T, Latrasse D, Delarue M, Hirt H, Domenichini S, Ariel F, Crespi M, Bergounioux C, Raynaud C, Benhamed M
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- ANGUSTIFOLIA3 binds to SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complexes to regulate transcription during Arabidopsis leaf development.
- Authors: Vercruyssen L, Verkest A, Gonzalez N, Heyndrickx KS, Eeckhout D, Han SK, Jégu T, Archacki R, Van Leene J, Andriankaja M, De Bodt S, Abeel T, Coppens F, Dhondt S, De Milde L, Vermeersch M, Maleux K, Gevaert K, Jerzmanowski A, Benhamed M, Wagner D, Vandepoele K, De Jaeger G, Inzé D
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- The Arabidopsis SWI/SNF protein BAF60 mediates seedling growth control by modulating DNA accessibility.
- Authors: Jégu T, Veluchamy A, Ramirez-Prado JS, Rizzi-Paillet C, Perez M, Lhomme A, Latrasse D, Coleno E, Vicaire S, Legras S, Jost B, Rougée M, Barneche F, Bergounioux C, Crespi M, Mahfouz MM, Hirt H, Raynaud C, Benhamed M
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 15
- BRAHMA ATPase of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex acts as a positive regulator of gibberellin-mediated responses in arabidopsis.
- Authors: Archacki R, Buszewicz D, Sarnowski TJ, Sarnowska E, Rolicka AT, Tohge T, Fernie AR, Jikumaru Y, Kotlinski M, Iwanicka-Nowicka R, Kalisiak K, Patryn J, Halibart-Puzio J, Kamiya Y, Davis SJ, Koblowska MK, Jerzmanowski A
- Issue date: 2013
- The Role of SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodeling Complexes in Hormone Crosstalk.
- Authors: Sarnowska E, Gratkowska DM, Sacharowski SP, Cwiek P, Tohge T, Fernie AR, Siedlecki JA, Koncz C, Sarnowski TJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jul