KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEnhancers are cis-acting DNA regulatory regions that play a key role in distal control of transcriptional activities. Identification of enhancers, coupled with a comprehensive functional analysis of their properties, could improve our understanding of complex gene transcription mechanisms and gene regulation processes in general. We developed DENdb, a centralized on-line repository of predicted enhancers derived from multiple human cell-lines. DENdb integrates enhancers predicted by five different methods generating an enriched catalogue of putative enhancers for each of the analysed cell-lines. DENdb provides information about the overlap of enhancers with DNase I hypersensitive regions, ChIP-seq regions of a number of transcription factors and transcription factor binding motifs, means to explore enhancer interactions with DNA using several chromatin interaction assays and enhancer neighbouring genes. DENdb is designed as a relational database that facilitates fast and efficient searching, browsing and visualization of information.
CitationDENdb: database of integrated human enhancers 2015, 2015:bav085 Database
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
- DEEP: a general computational framework for predicting enhancers.
- Authors: Kleftogiannis D, Kalnis P, Bajic VB
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Dissection of thousands of cell type-specific enhancers identifies dinucleotide repeat motifs as general enhancer features.
- Authors: Yáñez-Cuna JO, Arnold CD, Stampfel G, Boryń LM, Gerlach D, Rath M, Stark A
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- PreDREM: a database of predicted DNA regulatory motifs from 349 human cell and tissue samples.
- Authors: Zheng Y, Li X, Hu H
- Issue date: 2015
- Integration of 198 ChIP-seq datasets reveals human cis-regulatory regions.
- Authors: Bolouri H, Ruzzo WL
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- SEA: a super-enhancer archive.
- Authors: Wei Y, Zhang S, Shang S, Zhang B, Li S, Wang X, Wang F, Su J, Wu Q, Liu H, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 4