Quantum confinement-tunable intersystem crossing and the triplet state lifetime of cationic porphyrin–CdTe quantum dot nano-assemblies
AuthorsAhmed, Ghada H.
Aly, Shawkat Mohammede
Eita, Mohamed Samir
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere, we report a ground-state interaction between the positively charged cationic porphyrin and the negatively charged carboxylate groups of the thiol ligands on the surface of CdTe quantum dots (QDs), leading to the formation of a stable nanoassembly between the two components. Our time-resolved data clearly demonstrate that we can dramatically tune the intersystem crossing (ISC) and the triplet state lifetime of porphyrin by changing the size of the QDs in the nanoassembly.
CitationQuantum confinement-tunable intersystem crossing and the triplet state lifetime of cationic porphyrin–CdTe quantum dot nano-assemblies 2015, 51 (38):8010 Chem. Commun.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Photophysical studies of CdTe quantum dots in the presence of a zinc cationic porphyrin.
- Authors: Keane PM, Gallagher SA, Magno LM, Leising MJ, Clark IP, Greetham GM, Towrie M, Gun'ko YK, Kelly JM, Quinn SJ
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 14
- Molecular-structure Control of Ultrafast Electron Injection at Cationic Porphyrin-CdTe Quantum Dot Interfaces.
- Authors: Aly SM, Ahmed GH, Shaheen BS, Sun J, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 5
- Femtosecond ground state recovery: measuring the intersystem crossing yield of polyspirobifluorene.
- Authors: King SM, Rothe C, Dai D, Monkman AP
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 21
- Evidence of Quantum Resonance in Periodically-Ordered Three-Dimensional Superlattice of CdTe Quantum Dots.
- Authors: Kim D, Tomita S, Ohshiro K, Watanabe T, Sakai T, Chang IY, Hyeon-Deuk K
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 8
- "Turn-on-off-on" fluorescence switching of quantum dots-cationic porphyrin nanohybrid: a sensor for DNA.
- Authors: Vaishnavi E, Renganathan R
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 7