KAUST DepartmentLaboratory of Nano Oxides for Sustainable Energy
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-09-08
Print Publication Date2015-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/578915
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOrganolead halide perovskites have attracted substantial attention because of their excellent physical properties, which enable them to serve as the active material in emerging hybrid solid-state solar cells. Here we investigate the phototransistors based on hybrid perovskite films and provide direct evidence for their superior carrier transport property with ambipolar characteristics. The field-effect mobilities for triiodide perovskites at room temperature are measured as 0.18 (0.17) cm2 V−1 s−1 for holes (electrons), which increase to 1.24 (1.01) cm2 V−1 s−1 for mixed-halide perovskites. The photoresponsivity of our hybrid perovskite devices reaches 320 A W−1, which is among the largest values reported for phototransistors. Importantly, the phototransistors exhibit an ultrafast photoresponse speed of less than 10 μs. The solution-based process and excellent device performance strongly underscore hybrid perovskites as promising material candidates for photoelectronic applications.
CitationAmbipolar solution-processed hybrid perovskite phototransistors 2015, 6:8238 Nature Communications
- Ultrahigh Carrier Mobility Achieved in Photoresponsive Hybrid Perovskite Films via Coupling with Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes.
- Authors: Li F, Wang H, Kufer D, Liang L, Yu W, Alarousu E, Ma C, Li Y, Liu Z, Liu C, Wei N, Wang F, Chen L, Mohammed OF, Fratalocchi A, Liu X, Konstantatos G, Wu T
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Broadband Phototransistor Based on CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbI<sub>3</sub> Perovskite and PbSe Quantum Dot Heterojunction.
- Authors: Yu Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Zhang H, Song X, Cao M, Che Y, Dai H, Yang J, Wang J, Zhang H, Yao J
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 19
- Perovskite and Conjugated Polymer Wrapped Semiconducting Carbon Nanotube Hybrid Films for High-Performance Transistors and Phototransistors.
- Authors: Zhu H, Liu A, Luque HL, Sun H, Ji D, Noh YY
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 23
- Ultrasensitive broadband phototransistors based on perovskite/organic-semiconductor vertical heterojunctions.
- Authors: Xie C, You P, Liu Z, Li L, Yan F
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Substantially Improving Device Performance of All-Inorganic Perovskite-Based Phototransistors via Indium Tin Oxide Nanowire Incorporation.
- Authors: Hou Y, Wang L, Zou X, Wan D, Liu C, Li G, Liu X, Liu Y, Jiang C, Ho JC, Liao L
- Issue date: 2020 Feb