Supramolecular Assembly of Complementary Cyanine Salt J-Aggregates
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/578799
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn understanding of structure–property relationships in cyanine dyes is critical for their design and application. Anionic and cationic cyanines can be organized into complementary cyanine salts, offering potential building blocks to modulate their intra/intermolecular interactions in the solid state. Here, we demonstrate how the structures of these complementary salts can be tuned to achieve highly ordered J-type supramolecular aggregate structures of heptamethine dyes in crystalline solids.
CitationSupramolecular Assembly of Complementary Cyanine Salt J-Aggregates 2015, 137 (37):11920 Journal of the American Chemical Society
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- [Reflectance spectra of J-aggregates of anionic-cationic cyanine dyes adsorbed on AgBrI microcrystal].
- Authors: Meng T, Li XW, Zou J
- Issue date: 2003 Apr
- [Study on microstructure of J-aggregates of cyanine dyes].
- Authors: Meng T, Kang LH, Zhou H, Zhang A, Wang DJ, Li XW, Zou J
- Issue date: 2010 May
- The influence of aggregation on the third-order nonlinear optical property of π-conjugated chromophores: the case of cyanine dyes.
- Authors: Wang C, Yuan Y
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 20
- [Fluorescence spectra of J-aggregates of anionic-cationic cyanine dyes].
- Authors: Meng T, Xu DF, Wang DJ, Kang LH, Li XW, Zou J
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Controlling the formation of cyanine dye H- and J-aggregates with cucurbituril hosts in the presence of anionic polyelectrolytes.
- Authors: Gadde S, Batchelor EK, Kaifer AE
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 8