Trends in (LaMnO3)n/(SrTiO3)m superlattices with varying layer thicknesses
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/577337
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the thickness dependence of the structural, electronic, and magnetic properties of (LaMnO3)n/(SrTiO3)m (n, m = 2, 4, 6, 8) superlattices using density functional theory. The electronic structure turns out to be highly sensitive to the onsite Coulomb interaction. In contrast to bulk SrTiO3, strongly distorted O octahedra are observed in the SrTiO3 layers with a systematic off centering of the Ti atoms. The systems favour ferromagnetic spin ordering rather than the antiferromagnetic spin ordering of bulk LaMnO3 and all show half-metallicity, while a systematic reduction of the minority spin band gaps as a function of the LaMnO3 and SrTiO3 layer thicknesses originates from modifications of the Ti dxy states.
CitationTrends in (LaMnO3)n/(SrTiO3)m superlattices with varying layer thicknesses 2015, 5:13762 Scientific Reports
- Seeking large Seebeck effects in LaX(X = Mn and Co)O<sub>3</sub>/SrTiO<sub>3</sub> superlattices by exploiting high spin-polarized effects.
- Authors: Li J, Wang Y, Zhang G, Yin H, Chen D, Sun W, Shi B, Cheng Z
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 10
- Oxygen octahedral distortions in LaMO3/SrTiO3 superlattices.
- Authors: Sanchez-Santolino G, Cabero M, Varela M, Garcia-Barriocanal J, Leon C, Pennycook SJ, Santamaria J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Spin and orbital Ti magnetism at LaMnO3/SrTiO3 interfaces.
- Authors: Garcia-Barriocanal J, Cezar JC, Bruno FY, Thakur P, Brookes NB, Utfeld C, Rivera-Calzada A, Giblin SR, Taylor JW, Duffy JA, Dugdale SB, Nakamura T, Kodama K, Leon C, Okamoto S, Santamaria J
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 21
- Highly confined spin-polarized two-dimensional electron gas in SrTiO3/SrRuO3 superlattices.
- Authors: Verissimo-Alves M, García-Fernández P, Bilc DI, Ghosez P, Junquera J
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 9
- Controlling the Magnetic Properties of LaMnO<sub>3</sub> /SrTiO<sub>3</sub> Heterostructures by Stoichiometry and Electronic Reconstruction: Atomic-Scale Evidence.
- Authors: Li M, Tang C, Paudel TR, Song D, Lü W, Han K, Huang Z, Zeng S, Renshaw Wang X, Yang P, Ariando, Chen J, Venkatesan T, Tsymbal EY, Li C, Pennycook SJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jul