Trends in (LaMnO3)n/(SrTiO3)m superlattices with varying layer thicknesses
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the thickness dependence of the structural, electronic, and magnetic properties of (LaMnO3)n/(SrTiO3)m (n, m = 2, 4, 6, 8) superlattices using density functional theory. The electronic structure turns out to be highly sensitive to the onsite Coulomb interaction. In contrast to bulk SrTiO3, strongly distorted O octahedra are observed in the SrTiO3 layers with a systematic off centering of the Ti atoms. The systems favour ferromagnetic spin ordering rather than the antiferromagnetic spin ordering of bulk LaMnO3 and all show half-metallicity, while a systematic reduction of the minority spin band gaps as a function of the LaMnO3 and SrTiO3 layer thicknesses originates from modifications of the Ti dxy states.
CitationTrends in (LaMnO3)n/(SrTiO3)m superlattices with varying layer thicknesses 2015, 5:13762 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
- Oxygen octahedral distortions in LaMO3/SrTiO3 superlattices.
- Authors: Sanchez-Santolino G, Cabero M, Varela M, Garcia-Barriocanal J, Leon C, Pennycook SJ, Santamaria J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Spin and orbital Ti magnetism at LaMnO3/SrTiO3 interfaces.
- Authors: Garcia-Barriocanal J, Cezar JC, Bruno FY, Thakur P, Brookes NB, Utfeld C, Rivera-Calzada A, Giblin SR, Taylor JW, Duffy JA, Dugdale SB, Nakamura T, Kodama K, Leon C, Okamoto S, Santamaria J
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 21
- Highly confined spin-polarized two-dimensional electron gas in SrTiO3/SrRuO3 superlattices.
- Authors: Verissimo-Alves M, García-Fernández P, Bilc DI, Ghosez P, Junquera J
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 9
- Antiferromagnetic interlayer coupling and thus induced distinct spin texture for the [LaMnO<sub>3</sub>/LaCoO<sub>3</sub>]<sub>5</sub> superlattices.
- Authors: Zhang J, Zhang H, Zhang X, Guan X, Shen X, Hong D, Zhang H, Liu B, Yu R, Shen B, Sun J
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 9
- Correlating interfacial octahedral rotations with magnetism in (LaMnO3+δ)N/(SrTiO3)N superlattices.
- Authors: Zhai X, Cheng L, Liu Y, Schlepütz CM, Dong S, Li H, Zhang X, Chu S, Zheng L, Zhang J, Zhao A, Hong H, Bhattacharya A, Eckstein JN, Zeng C
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 9