A Thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene Isoindigo Building Block for Additive- and Annealing-Free High-Performance Polymer Solar Cells
Ashraf, Raja Shahid
Nielsen, Christian B.
Niazi, Muhammad Rizwan
Yousaf, Syeda Amber
Durrant, James R.
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Organic Electronics and Photovoltaics Group
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-07-14
Print Publication Date2015-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/577258
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel photoactive polymer with two different molecular weights is reported, based on a new building block: thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene isoindigo. Due to the improved crystallinity, optimal blend morphology, and higher charge mobility, solar-cell devices of the high-molecular-weight polymer exhibit a superior performance, affording efficiencies of 9.1% without the need for additives, annealing, or additional extraction layers during device fabrication.
CitationA Thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene Isoindigo Building Block for Additive- and Annealing-Free High-Performance Polymer Solar Cells 2015, 27 (32):4702 Advanced Materials
- Alternative Thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene Isoindigo Polymers for Solar Cell Applications.
- Authors: Neophytou M, Bryant D, Lopatin S, Chen H, Hallani RK, Cater L, McCulloch I, Yue W
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Isoindigo-Containing Molecular Semiconductors: Effect of Backbone Extension on Molecular Organization and Organic Solar Cell Performance.
- Authors: Ren Y, Hailey AK, Hiszpanski AM, Loo YL
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 25
- Design, synthesis, and structure-property relationships of isoindigo-based conjugated polymers.
- Authors: Lei T, Wang JY, Pei J
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 15
- n-Type semiconducting naphthalene diimide-perylene diimide copolymers: controlling crystallinity, blend morphology, and compatibility toward high-performance all-polymer solar cells.
- Authors: Hwang YJ, Earmme T, Courtright BA, Eberle FN, Jenekhe SA
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 8
- 2,1,3-Benzothiadiazole-5,6-dicarboxylic imide--a versatile building block for additive- and annealing-free processing of organic solar cells with efficiencies exceeding 8%.
- Authors: Nielsen CB, Ashraf RS, Treat ND, Schroeder BC, Donaghey JE, White AJ, Stingelin N, McCulloch I
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 4