CH3NH3PbCl3 Single Crystals: Inverse Temperature Crystallization and Visible-Blind UV-Photodetector
Sheikh, Arif D.
Abdelhady, Ahmed L.
Saidaminov, Makhsud I.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
Functional Nanomaterials Lab (FuNL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Laboratory of Nano Oxides for Sustainable Energy
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy and Four-dimensional Electron Imaging Research Group
Online Publication Date2015-09-17
Print Publication Date2015-10
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/576968
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSingle crystals of hybrid perovskites have shown remarkably improved physical properties compared to their polycrystalline film counterparts, underscoring their importance in the further development of advanced semiconductor devices. Here we present a new method of sizeable CH3NH3PbCl3 single crystal growth based on retrograde solubility behavior of hybrid perovskites. We show, for the first time, the energy band structure, charge-carrier recombination and transport properties of single crystal CH3NH3PbCl3. The chloride-based perovskite crystals exhibit trap-state density, charge carriers concentration, mobility and diffusion length comparable with the best quality crystals of methylammonium lead iodide or bromide perovskites reported so far. The high quality of the crystal along with its suitable optical bandgap enabled us to design and build an efficient visible-blind UV-photodetector, demonstrating the potential of this material to be employed in optoelectronic applications.
CitationCH3NH3PbCl3 Single Crystals: Inverse Temperature Crystallization and Visible-Blind UV-Photodetector 2015:150902175316001 The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- High speed growth of MAPbBr(3) single crystals via low-temperature inverting solubility: enhancement of mobility and trap density for photodetector applications.
- Authors: Cho Y, Jung HR, Kim YS, Kim Y, Park J, Yoon S, Lee Y, Cheon M, Jeong SY, Jo W
- Issue date: 2021 May 7
- High-quality bulk hybrid perovskite single crystals within minutes by inverse temperature crystallization.
- Authors: Saidaminov MI, Abdelhady AL, Murali B, Alarousu E, Burlakov VM, Peng W, Dursun I, Wang L, He Y, Maculan G, Goriely A, Wu T, Mohammed OF, Bakr OM
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 6
- High-Performance Planar-Type Ultraviolet Photodetector Based on High-Quality CH(3)NH(3)PbCl(3) Perovskite Single Crystals.
- Authors: Cheng Z, Liu K, Yang J, Chen X, Xie X, Li B, Zhang Z, Liu L, Shan C, Shen D
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 18
- Investigation of Interface Effect on the Performance of CH(3)NH(3)PbCl(3)/ZnO UV Photodetectors.
- Authors: Yang J, Liu K, Cheng Z, Jing P, Ai Q, Chen X, Li B, Zhang Z, Zhang L, Zhao H, Shen D
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 10
- Consolidation of the optoelectronic properties of CH(3)NH(3)PbBr(3) perovskite single crystals.
- Authors: Wenger B, Nayak PK, Wen X, Kesava SV, Noel NK, Snaith HJ
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 19