CH3NH3PbCl3 Single Crystals: Inverse Temperature Crystallization and Visible-Blind UV-Photodetector
Sheikh, Arif D.
Abdelhady, Ahmed L.
Saidaminov, Makhsud I.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/576968
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSingle crystals of hybrid perovskites have shown remarkably improved physical properties compared to their polycrystalline film counterparts, underscoring their importance in the further development of advanced semiconductor devices. Here we present a new method of sizeable CH3NH3PbCl3 single crystal growth based on retrograde solubility behavior of hybrid perovskites. We show, for the first time, the energy band structure, charge-carrier recombination and transport properties of single crystal CH3NH3PbCl3. The chloride-based perovskite crystals exhibit trap-state density, charge carriers concentration, mobility and diffusion length comparable with the best quality crystals of methylammonium lead iodide or bromide perovskites reported so far. The high quality of the crystal along with its suitable optical bandgap enabled us to design and build an efficient visible-blind UV-photodetector, demonstrating the potential of this material to be employed in optoelectronic applications.
CitationCH3NH3PbCl3 Single Crystals: Inverse Temperature Crystallization and Visible-Blind UV-Photodetector 2015:150902175316001 The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- High-quality bulk hybrid perovskite single crystals within minutes by inverse temperature crystallization.
- Authors: Saidaminov MI, Abdelhady AL, Murali B, Alarousu E, Burlakov VM, Peng W, Dursun I, Wang L, He Y, Maculan G, Goriely A, Wu T, Mohammed OF, Bakr OM
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 6
- Investigation of Interface Effect on the Performance of CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbCl<sub>3</sub>/ZnO UV Photodetectors.
- Authors: Yang J, Liu K, Cheng Z, Jing P, Ai Q, Chen X, Li B, Zhang Z, Zhang L, Zhao H, Shen D
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 10
- Consolidation of the optoelectronic properties of CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbBr<sub>3</sub> perovskite single crystals.
- Authors: Wenger B, Nayak PK, Wen X, Kesava SV, Noel NK, Snaith HJ
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 19
- Retrograde solubility of formamidinium and methylammonium lead halide perovskites enabling rapid single crystal growth.
- Authors: Saidaminov MI, Abdelhady AL, Maculan G, Bakr OM
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 28
- Hybrid Perovskites for Photovoltaics: Charge-Carrier Recombination, Diffusion, and Radiative Efficiencies.
- Authors: Johnston MB, Herz LM
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 19