Simple addition of silica to an alkane solution of Wilkinson WMe6 or Schrock W alkylidyne complex give active complex for saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons metathesis
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAddition of PDA silica to a solution of the Wilkinson WMe6 as well as the Schrock W neopentilidyne tris neopentyl complex catalyzes linear or cyclic alkanes to produce respectively a distribution of linear alkanes from methane up to triacontane or a mixture of cyclic and macrocyclic hydrocarbons. This single catalytic system transforms also linear α-olefins into higher and lower homologues via isomerization/metathesis mechanism (ISOMET). This complex is also efficient towards functionalized olefins. Unsaturated fatty acid esters (FAEs) are converted into diesters corresponding to self-metathesis products.
CitationSimple addition of silica to an alkane solution of Wilkinson WMe6 or Schrock W alkylidyne complex give active complex for saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons metathesis 2015 Chem. Commun.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Metathesis of alkanes and related reactions.
- Authors: Basset JM, Copéret C, Soulivong D, Taoufik M, Cazat JT
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 16
- Alkane metathesis by tandem alkane-dehydrogenation-olefin-metathesis catalysis and related chemistry.
- Authors: Haibach MC, Kundu S, Brookhart M, Goldman AS
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 19
- Primary products and mechanistic considerations in alkane metathesis.
- Authors: Basset JM, Copéret C, Lefort L, Maunders BM, Maury O, Le Roux E, Saggio G, Soignier S, Soulivong D, Sunley GJ, Taoufik M, Thivolle-Cazat J
- Issue date: 2005 Jun 22
- Cyclooctane metathesis catalyzed by silica-supported tungsten pentamethyl [(≡SiO)W(Me)5]: distribution of macrocyclic alkanes.
- Authors: Riache N, Callens E, Samantaray MK, Kharbatia NM, Atiqullah M, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 10
- Structure-reactivity relationship in alkane metathesis using well-defined silica-supported alkene metathesis catalyst precursors.
- Authors: Blanc F, Thivolle-Cazat J, Basset JM, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2008