Real-time observation of ultrafast electron injection at graphene–Zn porphyrin interfaces
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy and Four-dimensional Electron Imaging Research Group
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/575910
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report on the ultrafast interfacial electron transfer ( ET) between zinc( II) porphyrin ( ZnTMPyP) and negatively charged graphene carboxylate ( GC) using state- of- the- art femtosecond laser spectroscopy with broadband capabilities. The steady- state interaction between GC and ZnTMPyP results in a red- shifted absorption spectrum, providing a clear indication for the binding affinity between ZnTMPyP and GC via electrostatic and p- p stacking interactions. Ultrafast transient absorption ( TA) spectra in the absence and presence of three different GC concentrations reveal ( i) the ultrafast formation of singlet excited ZnTMPyP*, which partially relaxes into a long- lived triplet state, and ( ii) ET from the singlet excited ZnTMPyP* to GC, forming ZnTMPyP + and GC , as indicated by a spectral feature at 650- 750 nm, which is attributed to a ZnTMPyP radical cation resulting from the ET process.
CitationMasih, D., Aly, S. M., Usman, A., Alarousu, E., & Mohammed, O. F. (2015). Real-time observation of ultrafast electron injection at graphene–Zn porphyrin interfaces. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 17(14), 9015–9019. doi:10.1039/c4cp06050d
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Graphene Oxide Functionalized with Cationic Porphyrins as Materials for the Photodegradation of Rhodamine B.
- Authors: Larowska D, O'Brien JM, Senge MO, Burdzinski G, Marciniak B, Lewandowska-Andralojc A
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 23
- Z-form DNA specific binding geometry of Zn(II) meso-tetrakis(N-methylpyridinium-4-yl)porphyrin probed by linear dichroism spectroscopy.
- Authors: Gong L, Jang YJ, Kim J, Kim SK
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 16
- Ultrafast electron injection at the cationic porphyrin-graphene interface assisted by molecular flattening.
- Authors: Aly SM, Parida MR, Alarousu E, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 18
- Femtosecond time- and wavelength-resolved fluorescence and absorption spectroscopic study of the excited states of adenosine and an adenine oligomer.
- Authors: Kwok WM, Ma C, Phillips DL
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 13