Synthesis of Fluoroalkoxy Substituted Arylboronic Esters by Iridium-Catalyzed Aromatic C–H Borylation
Emwas, Abdul-Hamid M.
Munawar, Munawar A.
Chotana, Ghayoor A.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Computer Science Program
Computer Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Structural and Functional Bioinformatics Group
Online Publication Date2015-08-17
Print Publication Date2015-09-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/575662
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe preparation of fluoroalkoxy arylboronic esters by iridium-catalyzed aromatic C–H borylation is described. The fluoroalkoxy groups employed include trifluoromethoxy, difluoromethoxy, 1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethoxy, and 2,2-difluoro-1,3-benzodioxole. The borylation reactions were carried out neat without the use of a glovebox or Schlenk line. The regioselectivities available through the iridium-catalyzed C–H borylation are complementary to those obtained by the electrophilic aromatic substitution reactions of fluoroalkoxy arenes. Fluoroalkoxy arylboronic esters can serve as versatile building blocks.
CitationBatool, F., Parveen, S., Emwas, A.-H., Sioud, S., Gao, X., Munawar, M. A., & Chotana, G. A. (2015). Synthesis of Fluoroalkoxy Substituted Arylboronic Esters by Iridium-Catalyzed Aromatic C–H Borylation. Organic Letters, 17(17), 4256–4259. doi:10.1021/acs.orglett.5b02050
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Iridium-catalyzed borylation of thiophenes: versatile, synthetic elaboration founded on selective C-H functionalization.
- Authors: Chotana GA, Kallepalli VA, Maleczka RE Jr, Smith MR 3rd
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 23
- Cyanation of arenes via iridium-catalyzed borylation.
- Authors: Liskey CW, Liao X, Hartwig JF
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 25
- Borylation and silylation of C-H bonds: a platform for diverse C-H bond functionalizations.
- Authors: Hartwig JF
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 19
- One-pot borylation/amination reactions: syntheses of arylamine boronate esters from halogenated arenes.
- Authors: Holmes D, Chotana GA, Maleczka RE Jr, Smith MR 3rd
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 30
- Iridium-Catalyzed Borylation of Primary Benzylic C-H Bonds without a Directing Group: Scope, Mechanism, and Origins of Selectivity.
- Authors: Larsen MA, Wilson CV, Hartwig JF
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 8