Surface Functionalization of g-C 3 N 4 : Molecular-Level Design of Noble-Metal-Free Hydrogen Evolution Photocatalysts
Bashir, Shahid M.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
SABIC - Corporate Research and Innovation Center (CRI) at KAUST
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Catalysis for Energy Conversion (CatEC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA stable noble-metal-free hydrogen evolution photocatalyst based on graphite carbon nitride (g-C3N4) was developed by a molecular-level design strategy. Surface functionalization was successfully conducted to introduce a single nickel active site onto the surface of the semiconducting g-C3N4. This catalyst family (with less than 0.1 wt% of Ni) has been found to produce hydrogen with a rate near to the value obtained by using 3 wt% platinum as co-catalyst. This new catalyst also exhibits very good stability under hydrogen evolution conditions, without any evidence of deactivation after 24h. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Noble-metal-free NiS/C3 N4 for efficient photocatalytic hydrogen evolution from water.
- Authors: Hong J, Wang Y, Wang Y, Zhang W, Xu R
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Graphitic C<sub>3</sub> N<sub>4</sub> Decorated with CoP Co-catalyst: Enhanced and Stable Photocatalytic H<sub>2</sub> Evolution Activity from Water under Visible-light Irradiation.
- Authors: Zhao H, Jiang P, Cai W
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1
- Solar-Driven H2 O2 Generation From H2 O and O2 Using Earth-Abundant Mixed-Metal Oxide@Carbon Nitride Photocatalysts.
- Authors: Wang R, Pan K, Han D, Jiang J, Xiang C, Huang Z, Zhang L, Xiang X
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 8
- Nickel-supported carbon nitride photocatalyst combined with organic dye for visible-light-driven hydrogen evolution from water.
- Authors: Mori K, Itoh T, Kakudo H, Iwamoto T, Masui Y, Onaka M, Yamashita H
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 7
- Enhanced Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution of NiCoP/g-C<sub>3</sub> N<sub>4</sub> with Improved Separation Efficiency and Charge Transfer Efficiency.
- Authors: Bi L, Gao X, Zhang L, Wang D, Zou X, Xie T
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 10