Surface Functionalization of g-C 3 N 4 : Molecular-Level Design of Noble-Metal-Free Hydrogen Evolution Photocatalysts
Bashir, Shahid M.
KAUST DepartmentCatalysis for Energy Conversion (CatEC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
SABIC - Corporate Research and Innovation Center (CRI) at KAUST
Online Publication Date2015-06-12
Print Publication Date2015-07-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/575653
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA stable noble-metal-free hydrogen evolution photocatalyst based on graphite carbon nitride (g-C3N4) was developed by a molecular-level design strategy. Surface functionalization was successfully conducted to introduce a single nickel active site onto the surface of the semiconducting g-C3N4. This catalyst family (with less than 0.1 wt% of Ni) has been found to produce hydrogen with a rate near to the value obtained by using 3 wt% platinum as co-catalyst. This new catalyst also exhibits very good stability under hydrogen evolution conditions, without any evidence of deactivation after 24h. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Noble-metal-free NiS/C3 N4 for efficient photocatalytic hydrogen evolution from water.
- Authors: Hong J, Wang Y, Wang Y, Zhang W, Xu R
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Graphitic C<sub>3</sub> N<sub>4</sub> Decorated with CoP Co-catalyst: Enhanced and Stable Photocatalytic H<sub>2</sub> Evolution Activity from Water under Visible-light Irradiation.
- Authors: Zhao H, Jiang P, Cai W
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1
- Anchoring Active Pt<sup>2+</sup> /Pt<sup>0</sup> Hybrid Nanodots on g-C<sub>3</sub> N<sub>4</sub> Nitrogen Vacancies for Photocatalytic H<sub>2</sub> Evolution.
- Authors: Xing W, Tu W, Ou M, Wu S, Yin S, Wang H, Chen G, Xu R
- Issue date: 2019 May 8
- Oxygen-Functionalized and Ni<sup>+x</sup> (x=2, 3)-Coordinated Graphitic Carbon Nitride Nanosheets with Long-Life Deep-Trap States and their Direct Solar-Light-Driven Hydrogen Evolution Activity.
- Authors: Lakhera SK, Pangal RT, Hafeez HY, Neppolian B
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 20
- Solar-Driven H2 O2 Generation From H2 O and O2 Using Earth-Abundant Mixed-Metal Oxide@Carbon Nitride Photocatalysts.
- Authors: Wang R, Pan K, Han D, Jiang J, Xiang C, Huang Z, Zhang L, Xiang X
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 8