Green synthesis of Ni-Nb oxide catalysts for low-temperature oxidative dehydrogenation of ethane
Online Publication Date2015-03-05
Print Publication Date2015-04-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/575645
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe straightforward solid-state grinding of a mixture of Ni nitrate and Nb oxalate crystals led to, after mild calcination (T<400°C), nanostructured Ni-Nb oxide composites. These new materials efficiently catalyzed the oxidative dehydrogenation (ODH) of ethane to ethylene at a relatively low temperature (T<300°C). These catalysts appear to be much more stable than the corresponding composites prepared by other chemical methods; more than 90% of their original intrinsic activity was retained after 50h with time on-stream. Furthermore, the stability was much less affected by the Nb content than in composites prepared by classical "wet" syntheses. These materials, obtained in a solvent-free way, are thus promising green and sustainable alternatives to the current Ni-Nb candidates for the low-temperature ODH of ethane.
CitationZhu, H., Rosenfeld, D. C., Anjum, D. H., Caps, V., & Basset, J.-M. (2015). Green Synthesis of Ni-Nb oxide Catalysts for Low-Temperature Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Ethane. ChemSusChem, 8(7), 1254–1263. doi:10.1002/cssc.201403181
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge financial support from The Dow Chemical Company.
- A study by electrical conductivity measurements of the semiconductive and redox properties of Nb-doped NiO catalysts in correlation with the oxidative dehydrogenation of ethane.
- Authors: Popescu I, Skoufa Z, Heracleous E, Lemonidou A, Marcu IC
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 28
- Niobium phosphates as new highly selective catalysts for the oxidative dehydrogenation of ethane.
- Authors: Weng W, Davies M, Whiting G, Solsona B, Kiely CJ, Carley AF, Taylor SH
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 14
- Enhanced NiO Dispersion on a High Surface Area Pillared Heterostructure Covered by Niobium Leads to Optimal Behaviour in the Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Ethane.
- Authors: Rodríguez-Castellón E, Delgado D, Dejoz A, Vázquez I, Agouram S, Cecilia JA, Solsona B, López Nieto JM
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 27
- Biogas as a fuel for solid oxide fuel cells and synthesis gas production: effects of ceria-doping and hydrogen sulfide on the performance of nickel-based anode materials.
- Authors: Laycock CJ, Staniforth JZ, Ormerod RM
- Issue date: 2011 May 28
- Study by electrical conductivity measurements of semiconductive and redox properties of M-doped NiO (M = Li, Mg, Al, Ga, Ti, Nb) catalysts for the oxidative dehydrogenation of ethane.
- Authors: Popescu I, Heracleous E, Skoufa Z, Lemonidou A, Marcu IC
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 14