Alkane metathesis with the tantalum methylidene [(≡SiO)Ta(=CH2)Me2]/[(≡SiO)2Ta(=CH2)Me] generated from well-defined surface organometallic complex [(≡SiO)TaVMe4]
Hamieh, Ali Imad Ali
KAUST DepartmentAli I. Al-Naimi Petroleum Engineering Research Center (ANPERC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-01-05
Print Publication Date2015-01-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/575636
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBy grafting TaMe5 on Aerosil700, a stable, well-defined, silica-supported tetramethyl tantalum(V) complex, [(≡SiO)TaMe4], is obtained on the silica surface. After thermal treatment at 150 °C, the complex is transformed into two surface tantalum methylidenes, [(≡SiO)2Ta(=CH2)Me] and [(≡SiO)Ta(=CH2)Me2], which are active in alkane metathesis and comparable to the previously reported [(≡SiO)2TaHx]. Here we present the first experimental study to isolate and identify a surface tantalum carbene as the intermediate in alkane metathesis. A systematic experimental study reveals a new reasonable pathway for this reaction.
SponsorsWe thank KAUST for the generous financial support. This paper is dedicated to Yves Chauvin.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- WMe6 tamed by silica: ≡Si-O-WMe5 as an efficient, well-defined species for alkane metathesis, leading to the observation of a supported W-methyl/methylidyne species.
- Authors: Samantaray MK, Callens E, Abou-Hamad E, Rossini AJ, Widdifield CM, Dey R, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 22
- Hydrazine N-N Bond Cleavage over Silica-Supported Tantalum-Hydrides.
- Authors: Jia HP, Gouré E, Solans-Monfort X, Llop Castelbou J, Chow C, Taoufik M, Eisenstein O, Quadrelli EA
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 21
- Successive heterolytic cleavages of H2 achieve N2 splitting on silica-supported tantalum hydrides: a DFT proposed mechanism.
- Authors: Solans-Monfort X, Chow C, Gouré E, Kaya Y, Basset JM, Taoufik M, Quadrelli EA, Eisenstein O
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 2
- Metal Alkyls with Alkylidynic Metal-Carbon Bond Character: Key Electronic Structures in Alkane Metathesis Precatalysts.
- Authors: Gordon CP, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 27
- A well-defined silica-supported tungsten oxo alkylidene is a highly active alkene metathesis catalyst.
- Authors: Conley MP, Mougel V, Peryshkov DV, Forrest WP Jr, Gajan D, Lesage A, Emsley L, Copéret C, Schrock RR
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 26