One-Step Electrodeposited Nickel Cobalt Sulfide Nanosheet Arrays for High-Performance Asymmetric Supercapacitors
KAUST DepartmentFunctional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-08-22
Print Publication Date2014-09-23
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/575614
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA facile one-step electrodeposition method is developed to prepare ternary nickel cobalt sulfide interconnected nanosheet arrays on conductive carbon substrates as electrodes for supercapacitors, resulting in exceptional energy storage performance. Taking advantages of the highly conductive, mesoporous nature of the nanosheets and open framework of the three-dimensional nanoarchitectures, the ternary sulfide electrodes exhibit high specific capacitance (1418 F g(-1) at 5 A g(-1) and 1285 F g(-1) at 100 A g(-1)) with excellent rate capability. An asymmetric supercapacitor fabricated by the ternary sulfide nanosheet arrays as positive electrode and porous graphene film as negative electrode demonstrates outstanding electrochemical performance for practical energy storage applications. Our asymmetric supercapacitors show a high energy density of 60 Wh kg(-1) at a power density of 1.8 kW kg(-1). Even when charging the cell within 4.5 s, the energy density is still as high as 33 Wh kg(-1) at an outstanding power density of 28.8 kW kg(-1) with robust long-term cycling stability up to 50 000 cycles.
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication has been supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors wish to thank the staff of the Imaging and Characterization Laboratory at KAUST, especially Dr. Qingxiao Wang for his help with the TEM analysis and Dr. Nejib Hedhili for his help with the XPS measurements. The authors also thank Dr. Rakhi RaghavanBaby from the Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Group at KAUST for several useful discussions.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Microwave synthesis of three-dimensional nickel cobalt sulfide nanosheets grown on nickel foam for high-performance asymmetric supercapacitors.
- Authors: Wang F, Li G, Zheng J, Ma J, Yang C, Wang Q
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 15
- CoNi(2)S(4) nanosheet arrays supported on nickel foams with ultrahigh capacitance for aqueous asymmetric supercapacitor applications.
- Authors: Hu W, Chen R, Xie W, Zou L, Qin N, Bao D
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 12
- Hierarchical Mesoporous Zinc-Nickel-Cobalt Ternary Oxide Nanowire Arrays on Nickel Foam as High-Performance Electrodes for Supercapacitors.
- Authors: Wu C, Cai J, Zhang Q, Zhou X, Zhu Y, Shen PK, Zhang K
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 9
- Ni<sub>0.85</sub>Se@MoSe<sub>2</sub> Nanosheet Arrays as the Electrode for High-Performance Supercapacitors.
- Authors: Peng H, Wei C, Wang K, Meng T, Ma G, Lei Z, Gong X
- Issue date: 2017 May 24
- 3D carbon/cobalt-nickel mixed-oxide hybrid nanostructured arrays for asymmetric supercapacitors.
- Authors: Zhu J, Jiang J, Sun Z, Luo J, Fan Z, Huang X, Zhang H, Yu T
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 23