Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reactions in aqueous media: Green and sustainable syntheses of biaryls
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCarbon-carbon cross-coupling reactions are among the most important processes in organic chemistry, and Suzuki-Miyaura reactions are among the most widely used protocols for the formation of carbon-carbon bonds. These reactions are generally catalyzed by soluble palladium complexes with various ligands. However, the use of toxic organic solvents remains a scientific challenge and an aspect of economical and ecological relevance. This Review will summarize various recently developed significant methods by which the Suzuki-Miyaura coupling was conducted in aqueous media, and analyzes if they are "real green" protocols. © 2010 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe thank G. Santini for his support of this work and the Region Picardie for their financial support.
- Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling coupling reactions with low catalyst loading: a green and sustainable protocol in pure water.
- Authors: Fihri A, Luart D, Len C, Solhy A, Chevrin C, Polshettiwar V
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 7
- Heterogeneous Pd/C-catalyzed ligand-free, room-temperature Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reactions in aqueous media.
- Authors: Maegawa T, Kitamura Y, Sako S, Udzu T, Sakurai A, Tanaka A, Kobayashi Y, Endo K, Bora U, Kurita T, Kozaki A, Monguchi Y, Sajiki H
- Issue date: 2007
- Fibrous nano-silica (KCC-1)-supported palladium catalyst: Suzuki coupling reactions under sustainable conditions.
- Authors: Fihri A, Cha D, Bouhrara M, Almana N, Polshettiwar V
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 9
- Suzuki-Miyaura coupling catalyzed by polymer-incarcerated palladium, a highly active, recoverable, and reusable Pd catalyst.
- Authors: Okamoto K, Akiyama R, Kobayashi S
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 10
- A nonsymmetric pincer-catalyzed Suzuki-Miyaura arylation of benzyl halides and other nonactivated unusual coupling partners.
- Authors: Inés B, Moreno I, SanMartin R, Domínguez E
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 7